There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

Phone Interview Process

Former Employee - Contractor in Hampton, GA
Former Employee - Contractor in Hampton, GA

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I was living in Indianapolis and my manager was in Washington, DC who interviewed me over the phone and made sure I recieved all paperwork to bring me on board for a contract job in Hampton, Georgia.

Cons

This was the first job in my life which I was paid the highest salary in my life on a weekly bais and I loved it.

Management took the initiative and professionalism to see the phone interview process from start to finish and I take my hat off to them. The entire process was real smooth.

reviews filtered by

Lockheed is a good company to work for.

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Marietta, GA

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work hours - rarely a day past 5pm, every other Friday off, can work from home
    Tons of vacation/float hours that accrue, you do not lose them. Lockheed really does advocate a work/life balance.
    For the most part, work is challenging and rewarding
    Very smart people work at Lockheed, you will learn a lot.
    Hard company to get into, but once in, Lockheed is a company you can stay at your entire career Good recognition if you work hard.
    Review system is decent - if you work hard, you will be rewarded.
    Good tuition reimbursement system for those that want to pursue a post-grad degree

Cons

Very bureaucratic, very decentralized, very "slow" organization. Not a lot of opportunity for vertical movement in the company. Lots of employees have been at Lockheed 20-30 years in the same position and just want to be left alone to do their job. No focus on training other than compliance training (ethics, sexual harassment). Seperation of duties is taken to the extreme at Lockheed; a lot of time is spent waiting on others to complete tasks so that you can get your job done. Masters degree is required if you want any type of leadership position - no exceptions.

Put more into employee career development. Some employees have no desire to do the same job for 20-30 years like most at Lockheed. Tweak the culture a bit to advocate more innovation rather than so much focus on positional efficiency.

kiss up and you can stay employed.

Former Employee - Software Engineer II
    Former Employee - Software Engineer II

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

none, used to be a great company to work for but now, i can't think of any pros of working there.

Cons

caught in a downward spiral of quality and the effects of poor management decisions. Other companies more at a faster rate when it comes to newer technologies. To top heavy to be agile or nimble and to slow to make any significant changes.

Top down approach does not work. bottom up works, treat the employees better and you will get a better quality of product. be loyal to employees that are loyal to you. reward those workers who truly deserve to be rewarded and get rid of the good ol' boys network. or fade to oblivion. your choice.

There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin