Lockheed Martin

There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

Phone Interview Process

Former Employee - Contractor in Hampton, GA
Former Employee - Contractor in Hampton, GA

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I was living in Indianapolis and my manager was in Washington, DC who interviewed me over the phone and made sure I recieved all paperwork to bring me on board for a contract job in Hampton, Georgia.

Cons

This was the first job in my life which I was paid the highest salary in my life on a weekly bais and I loved it.

Management took the initiative and professionalism to see the phone interview process from start to finish and I take my hat off to them. The entire process was real smooth.

2688 Other Employee Reviews for Lockheed Martin (View Most Recent)

kiss up and you can stay employed.

Former Employee - Software Engineer II
    Former Employee - Software Engineer II

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

none, used to be a great company to work for but now, i can't think of any pros of working there.

Cons

caught in a downward spiral of quality and the effects of poor management decisions. Other companies more at a faster rate when it comes to newer technologies. To top heavy to be agile or nimble and to slow to make any significant changes.

Top down approach does not work. bottom up works, treat the employees better and you will get a better quality of product. be loyal to employees that are loyal to you. reward those workers who truly deserve to be rewarded and get rid of the good ol' boys network. or fade to oblivion. your choice.

ATL:Interesting work, tough place to advance

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The work is as cutting edge as it gets. As a software engineer, I was exposed to a multitude of technologies that were just taking off. The environment is relatively informal. The hours are extremely flexible. I could just not go to work on a random day of the week and that was ok as long as I sent an email.

Cons

It is nearly impossible to be promoted above a level 3 engineer in the Advanced Technology Lab. The level 4 and 5 employees aren't going anywhere, and there's not enough lower level employees to justify promoting any more 3's. It's purely a function of the lack of breadth in the 230 person organization. Also, unless you are coming in with a PhD from another high paying job, expect to get less than industry standard. People are leaving the company now and getting at least 20-25% pay increases.

There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin