Lockheed Martin
3.4 of 5 2,187 reviews
www.lockheedmartin.com Bethesda, MD 5000+ Employees

Celebrating 100 Years in Business

Staff Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Marietta, GA

ProsLots of interesting, diverse, challenging projects in many domains...possible to get different experiences without leaving employer as might be the case with smaller companies; many intelligent co-workers - many having advanced degrees. 9/80 work schedules for many a real plus (alternate Fridays off)

ConsStifling bureaucracy (not unexpected due to 1) size of company itself and 2) primary customer being the Federal government; somewhat older workforce not necessarily up-to-speed with current software methodologies (for example, resistance to Agile vs embracing Waterfall software development). Challenging budget constraints likely with cutbacks in defense spending.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit staffing projects based on headcount and maybe read things like Brooks' "The Mythical Man-Month"

Tired of the good old boys way of doing things... Manassas Site (MS2)

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
    Manassas, VA

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: If you are "one of the boys" you should do well. You get to work on pretty neat things. Salaries… Cons: You will be passed over for promotion if you are not one of the "good old boys". There are lots of actively operating quid pro quo… Advice to Senior Management: Wake up and realize what is happening to your organization. Give HR the power to actually make effective changes and remove high-profile… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great Company, mediocre salary, poor benefits

Research Engineer (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Fantastic and intelligent people Workforce development if you're in the right… Cons: If not in the right development pipeline, you can be those"lifers" Health benefits have gone from average to poor. One health plan available and you end… Advice to Senior Management: Take a look compensation packages. They seem to get worse… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Lockheed Martin.

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lockheed Martin reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lockheed Martin CEO Marillyn Hewson. All reviews posted anonymously by Lockheed Martin employees.