There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

Great way to get your foot in the door.

Current Employee - Systems Engineer Asc in Sunnyvale, CA
Current Employee - Systems Engineer Asc in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros

You get to work with some of the brightest minds in the aerospace industry, with projects that affect the lives of people. There are a wide variety of projects to choose from, so there is always something to fit your interest. The compensation is adequate and scheduling is flexible. There are a few options to your workweek schedule, with most choosing to do the 9/80 schedule. I like the flexibility of scheduling vacations whenever you choose and scheduling your work week to fit whatever you have going on at that time. There is a dedicated Light Rail station, shuttles, and bikes to allow for easy transportation within the plant.

Cons

Sometimes there are no established procedures for getting things done, and most often relies on improvising the procedures. For an entry level engineer, it can be difficult to acclamate to this industry, which is more often ran under the control of older and more experienced engineers. It is sometimes difficult to break that ice between the older and younger engineer. There is not enough emphasis on career development and assistance in trying to obtain a Masters degree. It should be easier to have the employee control his or her career development, whether through a job transfer or getting additional certifications.

Advice to Management

I would provide a regular assessment of employee satisfaction, whether through a survey or a personal interview. Create an inclusive environment where the employee can feel comfortable expressing concerns. Provide a more dynamic website to allow employees to search for internal job availabilities.

reviews filtered by
  1. Lockheed a great place to work as first job

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros

Benefits are very very good.

Cons

Culture does not promote change.

Advice to Management

Encourage advancement to management positions

2. Contract ended, not what?

Current Employee - Team Lead in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros

Large company with growth opportunities.

Cons

Working as a contractor when you may not be taken care of at the end of the contract. Additionally, the benefits package is really bad. You would think that with 100K employees that we would have an awesome medical package, but instead I pay $500 per month for medical/dental benefits. I paid $225.00 per month prior to working for Lockheed Martin.

Advice to Management

Understand the contracting customer more closely and find jobs for people when the contract ends.