Lockheed Martin
3.4 of 5 2,183 reviews
www.lockheedmartin.com Bethesda, MD 5000+ Employees

Great value overall in compensation/flexibility, a few irks specific to the department

Cost Analyst (Current Employee)
Palmdale, CA

ProsSalary itself is good, although factoring in the 401K company matching (up to 4%) + company retirement contributions (3%), and divide that by the average number of hours per work week (usually 45 or less), then consider in the job security, I would say the overall value is quite high. Part time telecommuting is a great perk that allows alot of flexibility and life balance.

ConsAs a company, I'd agree with the consensus that growth/promotions are slow (if you can wait around ten years, things should be quite different), value of health benefits are decreasing over time, excessive number of management positions with seemingly vague and overlapping repsonsibilities, wide disparity in terms of workloads/accountabilty/rewards between departments (or even between people in the same cubical) and too many talented newcomers are would-be movers and shakers that get frustrated and leave because of the status quo (unfortunately, leaving the B team in the leadership pipeline to run the company).

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would benefit morale and productivity if the company to become more meritocratic.

Many interesting opportunities, pay not so great

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Gaithersburg, MD

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than a year

Pros: Many unique projects, not impossibly hard to move across the… Cons: Pay will never be close enough to what other companies… Advice to Senior Management: Early career folks such as myself are leaving by the truckload, you know it, and you know why, there's not enough leadership opportunities, performance assessments… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Very satified former employee

Help Desk Manager (Former Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: I was hired by Lockheed Martin to serve as a government contractor. They were a… Cons: I do not have any negative experiences with Lockheed Martin. Advice to Senior Management: Continue to motivate your employees through creative workplace/home flexibility. I loved… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Lockheed Martin.

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lockheed Martin reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lockheed Martin CEO Marillyn Hewson. All reviews posted anonymously by Lockheed Martin employees.