There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

Lockheed Martin Aeronautics

Former Employee - Senior Electrical Engineer  in  Fort Worth, TX
Former Employee - Senior Electrical Engineer in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to develop your skills, make long lasting connections, work on incredible program and technologies

Cons

Business structure for hiring and laying off is antiquated and incredibly arbitrary, many dead weight engineers in senior posts that you have to work around, endless compliance training and HR methods, no support for HR initiatives that are beneficial, good old boy network still in existence but dying out slowly

Train your mid level managers why some HR initiatives are beneficial and make them take it seriously, learn to fire the right people not just new engineers to meet a quota, learn that firings need to happen when you have a culture of dead weight

2332 Other Employee Reviews for Lockheed Martin (View Most Recent)

Horrible compensation

Current Employee - Multi Functional Financial Analyst  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Multi Functional Financial Analyst in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Every other Friday off is nice.

Cons

The pay is horrible. They expect you to work weekends and off Fridays for month end for no additional compensation. The pay is way too low. Takes forever to move up. Pay is a joke. No windows in the building, so its a very depressing environment. Have I mentioned the ridiculously low pay? The only way to get a higher raise is to compete against your fellow coworkers, so you don't really want to help eachother because you need to try to look better than everyone else. There is a stab eachother in the back mentality that makes teamwork hard. The work is repetitive and boring. A monkey could be trained to do it.

Can be micro managing.

Good learning Experience, but they treat you like dirt

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Moorestown, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Moorestown, NJ

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time

Pros

I learned a lot there. there were great people to work with, but they don't know how to treat engineers (Moorestown, NJ). I wish the engineers there the best.

Cons

Join us, and become member of the Borg. Government spending going in right direction. They pay less than average for 'job stability', but the jobs aren't stable anymore.

Treating your employees like they don't have lives outside of the company is a strategy that will blow up in your face. All your top employees will leave you (like me)

There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!