Engineering Specialist Senior - Propulsion controls on thrust vectoring aircraft

Former Employee - Engineering Specialist Senior  in  Fort Worth, TX
Former Employee - Engineering Specialist Senior in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Lockheed Martin went out of their way to take care of me when I had health problems

Cons

Too big and it's a defense contractor relying on government money. When Cheney canceled an aircraft program back in the 1980s, employment went from 33,000 to 17,000 over the holiday break. LM was General Dynamics then and this cancellation devistated the company.

Not applicable - my last year to work at LM was 1999 regardless of what "Last Year at Employer"

Other Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Sr. Master Scheduler

Former Employee - Senior Master Scheduler  in  Palmdale, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Master Scheduler in Palmdale, CA

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lots of autonomy, matrix organization, lots of experience professionals with over 20 years of work experience, lots of training opportunities, traditional chain of command, high visibility with executive management team and government personnel.

Cons

Occasionally older/ seasoned employees are reluctant to share their knowledge in fear of losing their position with the company, very competitive work environment, which can lead to the silo effect; promotions are very slow unless you find creative ways to seek advancements on your own by basically applying to the next pay grade in a different department or working 80 work weeks. Although, the company has a 9/80 work schedule unless you put in 80+ hours you’ll never see your next promotion. Even though the company has a policy for flex-time and flex-place work schedules, they don’t encourage it.

Because of the sensitive and classified nature of the industry, management should consider creating a kiosk for outside internet access. Furthermore, creating work areas (engineering bays) dedicated for Hoteling workstations (unassigned seating) for out of town visitors, contractors, or remote employees would be a plus. Last, giving your employee's meaningful work should be your highest priority. Ask your employees if they are creating value or just doing data entry work.

Very good company - Developed me from Auditor to Audit Leader/Manager

Former Employee - Audit Manager  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Audit Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great People. Great way to start a career.

Cons

Commute was long for me.

Keep up the good work.

There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin.

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!