There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

Prepare to be challenged to perform.

Current Employee - Test Engineer  in  Owego, NY
Current Employee - Test Engineer in Owego, NY

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros

Located in nice rural area. Great place to raise kids, no traffic. Affordable real estate. The work is interesting and challenging.

Cons

No one is required to work over time, but if you don't put in at least 44 hours on a regular basis, then you aren't challenging yourself. You'll be challenged to complete your task with less schedule and budget then you started out with. Management is risk averse, so a lot of opportunities are wasted.

Expect to pay high real estate taxes.

Don't wait so long to make a decision, that the opportunity is lost. Not all business areas can afford to use DoD processes.

2344 Other Employee Reviews for Lockheed Martin (View Most Recent)

"We don't do that here..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros

It's a good place to get some experience for your resume. If you're interested in the defense industry, this is the largest contractor in the world.

Cons

Pay quickly falls behind the rest of the industry (if you're an entry-level hire).

Management is often dishonest, at least at this site. Ethics are a joke. The best quote I got was from a functional when asked about doing something other than paperwork security tasks. His response was "we don't do that [my field of expertise] here..." I found a new job a few weeks later and submitted notice. Despite the acknowledgment, they're confused as to why I'm leaving.

When I came here 2 years ago, this site (King of Prussia / Valley Forge) had over 12,000 employees on the campus. Last month it was revealed that there are about 3,500. This site is being starved to death (i.e., if you aren't in VA, CO, or CA, you don't really matter).

You aren't experts at everything, so instead of pretending that you are, try listening to the people you hired. They might actually know something you don't.

Be honest during the hiring process. Being dishonest and expecting the employee to "try something else" is a quick way to turn them off to the company (because you've already lost their trust).

Listen to your employees, and at least feign that you care. Despite the current economic conditions, the talented can always find a job. Love 'em or lose 'em... the choice is your' s.

Great Place to Start Out Career -Tough for Mid-Levels to be Promoted

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros

Fantastic Leadership Development Program for new hires.

Cons

It is extremely difficult to be promoted if you are mid-level. It is extremely political, and if you are not a member of the right "clique" you will not be promoted.

Investing in new hires is great, however you also need to invest in those individuals who have some experience under their belts and will be most appropriate to assume those management positions in the next five years as your Boomers continue to retire. Do you really want a person with only five years experience in the company running things? USE YOUR HEAD!!!

There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!