Lockheed Martin Washington DC

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Not a bad place to start out of college. I have worked on many interesting projects. Very good place to get your feet wet.

Cons

Little to no advancement after five years. Most who stay are there due to pension. Merit system is unfair, minimal room for growth other than band raises.

Advice to Management

Give manager more latitude in how merit raises are given.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Could be better, could be worse

Current Employee - IT Program Manager
    Current Employee - IT Program Manager

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've worked from home for the past 10+ years. We do some cool things that help protect America and her allies.

Cons

Management turnover due to job rotations create a ton of re-work for the program managers who have to continuously sell their programs to the "manager de jour". Also, if you're not a graduate of their coveted Information Systems Leadership Development Program (ISLDP), your name will never be discussed for manager positions if you're in IT and work for their corporate division. For new hires, make sure you ask about this. You'll be glad you did, even if you don't want to be a manager one day.

Advice to Management

Reduce the velocity at which job rotations among managers occur. Every 6-9months is too frequent, every 2 - 3 years would be much better and increase productivity.

LM Aero - Best In-House Retirement

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've been working nearly 30yrs at multiple companies, with 12yrs at LM Aero. Pros: I've never seen a company that requires so very little for such good pay. Corporate welfare abounds here. If you have a family (that you like spending time with), then this place is awesome. You can strap on your golden skates, and be home at the same time ever evening, and have every weekend off. It's really great for spending the most about of time with your family.

Cons

It is the most absurd place I've ever worked. Burning budget so as not to "give back" anything is common practice. Be prepared for an amazing level unproductive time. The old military adage, "Hurry up and wait.", is alive and strong here. The first day I was here, a senior worker told me young hire sometimes had a hard time due to the slow pace of work. I should have run right there. :)

Advice to Management

If I had any idea who was in charge, I might offer some advice.