There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

uncaring employer

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Owego, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Owego, NY

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

none. worst company ever worked for. uncaring, cutthroat management team.

Cons

salary,opportunity to advance. typical large corporation mentality, still has the "good old boy" stat edgy in place,firmly. daily back stabbing, undermining,prejudicious management team. anti black, anti gay

get real and practice what you preach. listen to your people

2346 Other Employee Reviews for Lockheed Martin (View Most Recent)

It's all in who you know at Lockheed

Former Employee - Management  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Management in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There are many opportunities for advancement. Pay and benefits are adequate by today’s standards. Having spent double digit years employed there I have seen the good the bad and the ugly.

Cons

Nepotism and the good ol’boy system are firmly entrenched at least at the Fort Worth Division. I’m speaking about the salaried employees only. I was salaried while I was there but I could never get it thru my thick skull that to get ahead at Lockheed you can’t waste your time building aircraft. To get ahead you have to work for yourself and network with all the right people. Lockheed will still pay you just like you were contributing to building the product. Fortunately there are enough honest hard working employees that still have good work ethics to build some very fine aircraft.

Patting each other on the back all day is not what builds aircraft.

Work experience outside LM did not count for much making it difficult to progress in my career

Former Employee - Project Engineer  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Project Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The employees at LM are very talented and dedicated to meeting customer needs. LM also has very good compensation and benefits.

Cons

LM has a very hierarchical management structure that does not empower employees and take advantage of their talent. I also found managers to be more focused on managing up rather than taking care of their people. The company is too focused on technical skills and not enough on program/project management skills resulting in customer dissatisfaction with cost and schedule performance of programs.

Engage more with employees and empower them in decision-making

There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!