Lockheed Martin

www.lockheedmartin.com

Very interesting work, difficult to move up

Research Engineer (Current Employee) Palmdale, CA

ProsThey do their best to treat the employee with respect, and provide interesting projects. A very large company with locations across the U.S., so opportunities to move are plentiful. Excellent leadership development program.

ConsA defense contractor in this economy makes it hard to get decent raises and/or get promoted. Lots of layoffs in the last 3 years. Although the company was very "top heavy", the layoffs are correcting that issue but that also means less higher level positions for those trying to move up.

Good Place

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros: god pay, interesting work, big company Cons: corporate structure, little upward mobility More

Disjointed company, some areas are better than others.

Network Engineer (Former Employee) Woodlawn, MD

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Lots of company discounts and networking and cross-training opportunities Cons: Benefits are not what they should be; feedback to management… Advice to Senior Management: Pare down the management; the structure preferred by Lockheed Martin involves a lot of chiefs and not a lot of Indians. You'll be able to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Lockheed Martin.

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!