Lm Review

Current Employee - Field Engineer
Current Employee - Field Engineer

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good company to work for since it is a large company offering many opportunities for growth.

Cons

Heavy on the good ole boy network.

Advice to Management

Seek to promote individuals on the individual merit not on who they know. Remember, your people are your most important resource.

Other Employee Reviews for Lockheed Martin

1. A great career and great employers are getting harder to find :-)

Current Employee - Staff Recruiter in Lowell, MA
    Current Employee - Staff Recruiter in Lowell, MA

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Best in class employer. Lockheed Martin is both prestigious and reputable. The company does require a strong level of effort. The company is strongly committed to the highest level of business ethics and having a diverse workforce. A strong corporate culture of mission critical efforts and exacting quality are driving forces at Lockheed Martin. For persons who enjoy having lots of infrastructure around them Lockheed Martin is a great place. Lockheed has an excellent tuition reimbursement program.

Cons

Like many US corporations today our upper management seems to be getting increasingly detached from and out of touch with the worker bees and the lower level managers. That's more of a national problem in the United States with our ever widening gap between the classes but it seems happening at Lockheed in any case. I hope that upper management at Lockheed Martin and other leading US companies do not get so greedy that they forget entirely about the hard work and toils of their workforce or we are all in trouble. Lockheed Martin is very ethical and that helps to keep our senior leaders honest in the long run.

Advice to Management

Remember to walk the talk. Your workforce does matter and they should be treated with dignity and respect. Recognition and rewards (does not have to be cash – stock options are nice; so are plaques) for our workers would be nice. Some profit sharing or an annual bonus would be nice addition to our benefits package.

2. Great Place to Start a Career

Current Employee - Logistics Engineer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Logistics Engineer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

As a young professional, Lockheed Martin is a great place to work if you are passionate about manufacturing and engineering. Their leadership development programs offer employees the opportunity to have their graduate degree paid for and allows employees the opportunity to relocate on the company's dime.

Cons

On average, responsibility and salary increases tend to be on the slower side. Promotions are based on tenure rather than ability. With many layers in management and supporting roles, career advancement comes slowly. Switching companies often appears to be the best way to progress at this firm.

Advice to Management

Loosen up the years of experience requirements for promotions. If young people are able to do a job and are anxious for more responsibility, give them the opportunity to prove themselves.