Lockheed Martin

www.lockheedmartin.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

Can be a company that you spend a lifetime with...

Current Employee - Staff Engineer in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Staff Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Competent engineering, competitive salary, good benefits (excellent 401k choices). This is a company that generally keeps employees, potentially for decades, as long as the work is present and/or customers keep funding their jobs.

Cons

No stock options, large amounts of process and documentation (unfortunately a part of the industry eg. aerospace/defense), management can be disconnected from engineering, if work is limited, job security drops dramatically

Keep heed of engineering, as sometimes business decisions override technical strengths.

2687 Other Employee Reviews for Lockheed Martin (View Most Recent)

Lm Review

Current Employee - Field Engineer
    Current Employee - Field Engineer

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good company to work for since it is a large company offering many opportunities for growth.

Cons

Heavy on the good ole boy network.

Seek to promote individuals on the individual merit not on who they know. Remember, your people are your most important resource.

A great career and great employers are getting harder to find :-)

Current Employee - Staff Recruiter in Lowell, MA
    Current Employee - Staff Recruiter in Lowell, MA

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Best in class employer. Lockheed Martin is both prestigious and reputable. The company does require a strong level of effort. The company is strongly committed to the highest level of business ethics and having a diverse workforce. A strong corporate culture of mission critical efforts and exacting quality are driving forces at Lockheed Martin. For persons who enjoy having lots of infrastructure around them Lockheed Martin is a great place. Lockheed has an excellent tuition reimbursement program.

Cons

Like many US corporations today our upper management seems to be getting increasingly detached from and out of touch with the worker bees and the lower level managers. That's more of a national problem in the United States with our ever widening gap between the classes but it seems happening at Lockheed in any case. I hope that upper management at Lockheed Martin and other leading US companies do not get so greedy that they forget entirely about the hard work and toils of their workforce or we are all in trouble. Lockheed Martin is very ethical and that helps to keep our senior leaders honest in the long run.

Remember to walk the talk. Your workforce does matter and they should be treated with dignity and respect. Recognition and rewards (does not have to be cash – stock options are nice; so are plaques) for our workers would be nice. Some profit sharing or an annual bonus would be nice addition to our benefits package.

There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin