There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

A great career and great employers are getting harder to find :-)

Current Employee - Staff Recruiter in Lowell, MA
Current Employee - Staff Recruiter in Lowell, MA

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Best in class employer. Lockheed Martin is both prestigious and reputable. The company does require a strong level of effort. The company is strongly committed to the highest level of business ethics and having a diverse workforce. A strong corporate culture of mission critical efforts and exacting quality are driving forces at Lockheed Martin. For persons who enjoy having lots of infrastructure around them Lockheed Martin is a great place. Lockheed has an excellent tuition reimbursement program.

Cons

Like many US corporations today our upper management seems to be getting increasingly detached from and out of touch with the worker bees and the lower level managers. That's more of a national problem in the United States with our ever widening gap between the classes but it seems happening at Lockheed in any case. I hope that upper management at Lockheed Martin and other leading US companies do not get so greedy that they forget entirely about the hard work and toils of their workforce or we are all in trouble. Lockheed Martin is very ethical and that helps to keep our senior leaders honest in the long run.

Remember to walk the talk. Your workforce does matter and they should be treated with dignity and respect. Recognition and rewards (does not have to be cash – stock options are nice; so are plaques) for our workers would be nice. Some profit sharing or an annual bonus would be nice addition to our benefits package.

2435 Other Employee Reviews for Lockheed Martin (View Most Recent)

You may be worth more but we support the best contracts and supply the best technology

Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in Riviera Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in Riviera Beach, FL

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- This company is one of the most innovative and leads the world in defense weaponry and aerospace engineering.
    - Most promote the core values of strong leadership, respect for one another, and strong direction.
    - You will get as much responsibility as you are willing to take on.

Cons

- Some employees want to be impossible and will make your life impossible simply because they are miserable and unfortunately they are in a position to do so.
    - Not a strong work/life balance, finding myself working 70 to 80 hours per week.
    - This company will never admit that a schedule or budget is not possible so the work atmosphere tends to be high stress, with management always believing specific tasks and budgets are feasible when from the get go they were clearly not.
    - Non-technical management makes the Master Schedule and provides the budgets with usually very little engineering input which makes for way over-blown budgets and missed milestones.

- Require more input from the engineers and technicians.
    - Ensure all employees are acting in accordance to the company's core values,

Great Place to Start a Career

Current Employee - Logistics Engineer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Logistics Engineer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

As a young professional, Lockheed Martin is a great place to work if you are passionate about manufacturing and engineering. Their leadership development programs offer employees the opportunity to have their graduate degree paid for and allows employees the opportunity to relocate on the company's dime.

Cons

On average, responsibility and salary increases tend to be on the slower side. Promotions are based on tenure rather than ability. With many layers in management and supporting roles, career advancement comes slowly. Switching companies often appears to be the best way to progress at this firm.

Loosen up the years of experience requirements for promotions. If young people are able to do a job and are anxious for more responsibility, give them the opportunity to prove themselves.

There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin