Lockheed Martin

www.lockheedmartin.com
  www.lockheedmartin.com
There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

Positive strong leadership and support

Former Employee - Behavioral Health Consultant in San Antonio, TX
Former Employee - Behavioral Health Consultant in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits overall. Potential for bonuses

Cons

Leadership was not local, but out of state,

2530 Other Employee Reviews for Lockheed Martin (View Most Recent)

27 years at LM - Times have changed

Former Employee - Various Titles in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Various Titles in Houston, TX

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Back in the Cold War days, we made *lots* of influencing products - Often very innovative, highly integrated, and effective...

Cons

At some point along the way, processes & profits became "more" important than the product - Not bad if your a shareholder but the product cutting edge

We used to put the products first and the processes and profits would fall into place - When you put profits and processes ahead of products, the products become mundane... Mundane products isn't what Lockheed was about....

A great career and great employers are getting harder to find :-)

Current Employee - Staff Recruiter in Lowell, MA
    Current Employee - Staff Recruiter in Lowell, MA

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Best in class employer. Lockheed Martin is both prestigious and reputable. The company does require a strong level of effort. The company is strongly committed to the highest level of business ethics and having a diverse workforce. A strong corporate culture of mission critical efforts and exacting quality are driving forces at Lockheed Martin. For persons who enjoy having lots of infrastructure around them Lockheed Martin is a great place. Lockheed has an excellent tuition reimbursement program.

Cons

Like many US corporations today our upper management seems to be getting increasingly detached from and out of touch with the worker bees and the lower level managers. That's more of a national problem in the United States with our ever widening gap between the classes but it seems happening at Lockheed in any case. I hope that upper management at Lockheed Martin and other leading US companies do not get so greedy that they forget entirely about the hard work and toils of their workforce or we are all in trouble. Lockheed Martin is very ethical and that helps to keep our senior leaders honest in the long run.

Remember to walk the talk. Your workforce does matter and they should be treated with dignity and respect. Recognition and rewards (does not have to be cash – stock options are nice; so are plaques) for our workers would be nice. Some profit sharing or an annual bonus would be nice addition to our benefits package.

There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin