There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

Great place to work with a few flaws

Former Employee - Engineer  in  Syracuse, NY
Former Employee - Engineer in Syracuse, NY

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good work environment
Focus on pulling people who think differently
Lots of Experienced Engineers to learn from

Cons

Need to Raise the hiring bar at times ( though mostly it's pretty good)
More perks to lure people from other engineering companies

Really look at Silicon Valley as the model, not old Aerospace for your company looking forward.

2356 Other Employee Reviews for Lockheed Martin (View Most Recent)

If I could, I would have given zero stars.

Former Employee - Material Coordinator  in  Fort Campbell, KY
    Former Employee - Material Coordinator in Fort Campbell, KY

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The pay is nice, but as they have been laying off everyone from skilled workers and dedicated employees of over 25 years at CAAF, that point seems quite null.

I had the fortune to have met and worked with some amazingly friendly, hard working people.

Albiet, these were the people that were already working at CAAF before Lockheed came in.

Cons

This company came into the contract with what seems like literally NO sense on how to run a business. As workers, we had received word that Lockheed had won the bid for the contract at Ft. Campbell. I was personally excited. Lockheed, having been a successful company for a century now, led me to believe they had some clue as to what they were getting into.

Well, nothing could be further from the truth. It took over two weeks after starting before they began to acquire our information in regards to setting up benefits. By benefits, I mean our pay! Yes, we went to work for weeks before they "got around" to seeing towards paying us.... yeah, so good start. I can't really elaborate on the fun we had with our incredibly overpriced Health benefits. I'm a 25 year old, single male with no pre-existing conditions. According to their plan, I would be paying $177 a week. A WEEK. Yeah, $708 a month for their CHEAPEST coverage....

I won't get into how they selected their leadership. After close to a month with the company, we finally met our supervisor. His first message was praising us for our hard work and dedication. Literally the next day, the first round of layoffs hit. Mind you, there was no mention of this at the unpaid, after work meeting. From that point, workers have been being laid off seemingly weekly. Our personelle has dropped by close to 100 workers, deadlines have been cut, workers are being asked not only to do their jobs quicker and with fewer resources, but are also, now being left with the responsibilities of those that have since left.

All this in an environment where no one knows if the next day they'll still have a job the next day.

Supply Chain Department

Former Employee - Demand Planning  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Demand Planning in Dallas, TX

I worked at Lockheed Martin as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The culture is friendly and laid back. Operations rotational program is robust with 4 six month rotations giving you a lot of exposure to the company.

Cons

The supply chain is massive for Lockheed Martin due to the size of the company and products they make. There is a lot of government regulation in place though that I felt slowed down the business processes. I enjoy a more fast paced environment.

There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!