There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

Good company to work for.

Former Employee - Software Systems Designer  in  Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Software Systems Designer in Orlando, FL

I worked at Lockheed Martin for more than 10 years

Pros

Good place to start after graduating college.

Cons

Limited career growth once you peak your labor grade.

2344 Other Employee Reviews for Lockheed Martin (View Most Recent)

Contract

Former Employee - Field Engineer  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Field Engineer in Orlando, FL

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Was a great company to work for

Cons

I dont have any negative comments

I dont have any advise

If I could, I would have given zero stars.

Former Employee - Material Coordinator  in  Fort Campbell, KY
    Former Employee - Material Coordinator in Fort Campbell, KY

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The pay is nice, but as they have been laying off everyone from skilled workers and dedicated employees of over 25 years at CAAF, that point seems quite null.

I had the fortune to have met and worked with some amazingly friendly, hard working people.

Albiet, these were the people that were already working at CAAF before Lockheed came in.

Cons

This company came into the contract with what seems like literally NO sense on how to run a business. As workers, we had received word that Lockheed had won the bid for the contract at Ft. Campbell. I was personally excited. Lockheed, having been a successful company for a century now, led me to believe they had some clue as to what they were getting into.

Well, nothing could be further from the truth. It took over two weeks after starting before they began to acquire our information in regards to setting up benefits. By benefits, I mean our pay! Yes, we went to work for weeks before they "got around" to seeing towards paying us.... yeah, so good start. I can't really elaborate on the fun we had with our incredibly overpriced Health benefits. I'm a 25 year old, single male with no pre-existing conditions. According to their plan, I would be paying $177 a week. A WEEK. Yeah, $708 a month for their CHEAPEST coverage....

I won't get into how they selected their leadership. After close to a month with the company, we finally met our supervisor. His first message was praising us for our hard work and dedication. Literally the next day, the first round of layoffs hit. Mind you, there was no mention of this at the unpaid, after work meeting. From that point, workers have been being laid off seemingly weekly. Our personelle has dropped by close to 100 workers, deadlines have been cut, workers are being asked not only to do their jobs quicker and with fewer resources, but are also, now being left with the responsibilities of those that have since left.

All this in an environment where no one knows if the next day they'll still have a job the next day.

There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!