Lockheed Martin
3.4 of 5 2,188 reviews
www.lockheedmartin.com Bethesda, MD 5000+ Employees

Good salaries, no personal life

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Rockville, MD

ProsThe salaries are good and, depending, what skill sets you have, there is room to grow and opportunities to move around locations.

ConsA minimum work week is 45 hours (only paid up to 40) but you are generally expected to work closer to 50 or 60. The politics are intense and career progression is largely dependent on making good connections up chain.
As long as you are willing to make the company priority number 1 and can network successfully, I would recommend LM.

Advice to Senior ManagementActually follow through on trying to balance work load and allow employees more work-life balance. Despite many tools and company resources, many employees struggle with expectations, high stress and access to the right tools to be successful.

Company great overall but not “racially neutral" there is a racial undertone when it comes to employees.

Computer Systems Analyst (Former Employee)
    Augusta, GA

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great working environment but a glass ceiling if you are… Cons: Most position are filled not by the most qualified canadate… Advice to Senior Management: As a manority if you make it to a low level management position… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Interesting.

Technical Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Denver, CO

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: 9/80 work weeks are great, remote work and telecommuting is… Cons: Tough times having the gov't as your #1 client does not… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your people, and keep us busy. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Lockheed Martin.

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lockheed Martin reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lockheed Martin CEO Marillyn Hewson. All reviews posted anonymously by Lockheed Martin employees.