Lockheed Martin
3.4 of 5 2,188 reviews
www.lockheedmartin.com Bethesda, MD 5000+ Employees

An excellent place to work.

Software Engineer, Staff (Former Employee)
Denver, CO

ProsI have had a great time on many different types of very technical projects. DOD related intelligence systems, civilian space systems (Mars, Jupiter, Moon, and Earth projects), and several independent R&D projects. Highly ethical and diversified employees to work with.

ConsBenefits have been eroding over the years (new employees don't get pensions and I don't think 401k's are quite as good as the old setups). The company has a strong "affordability" movement going on right now that is resulting in a great many layoffs.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet into "commercial" space and more direct contracts with customers that are not straight DOD projects.

good company and good benefits

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Decent yearly pay, Good 401K with matching contributions, decent health,… Cons: Yearly raises are sometimes non-existent. Review was compared against… Advice to Senior Management: Don't compare people who are not working in the same… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Many good years spent working for Lockheed Martin

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Eagan, MN

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Lockheed Martin does offer competitive benefits and good compensation, and… Cons: Lockheed Martin decided to close our operations and moved the work and our jobs to other Lockheed Martin sites,… Advice to Senior Management: Reduce the layers of management and listen closely to your… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Lockheed Martin.

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lockheed Martin reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lockheed Martin CEO Marillyn Hewson. All reviews posted anonymously by Lockheed Martin employees.