An excellent place to work.

Former Employee - Software Engineer, Staff  in  Denver, CO
Former Employee - Software Engineer, Staff in Denver, CO

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have had a great time on many different types of very technical projects. DOD related intelligence systems, civilian space systems (Mars, Jupiter, Moon, and Earth projects), and several independent R&D projects. Highly ethical and diversified employees to work with.

Cons

Benefits have been eroding over the years (new employees don't get pensions and I don't think 401k's are quite as good as the old setups). The company has a strong "affordability" movement going on right now that is resulting in a great many layoffs.

Get into "commercial" space and more direct contracts with customers that are not straight DOD projects.

Other Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Many good years spent working for Lockheed Martin

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Eagan, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Lockheed Martin does offer competitive benefits and good compensation, and overall has some good management and does reward good performance.

Cons

Lockheed Martin decided to close our operations and moved the work and our jobs to other Lockheed Martin sites, which was not well received nor understood by our customers. There are far too many layers of management.

Reduce the layers of management and listen closely to your employees and your customers in order to streamline and improve operations.

Best experience of my career

Former Employee - Senior Engineer  in  Eagan, MN
    Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Eagan, MN

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very demanding work environment with as many challenges as one can handle. Able to coordinate efforts between engineering, marketing, business development, procurement, legal, operations, etc. I knew exactly who I was working for and their mission. Being able to coordinate that with the organization has been a unmatched experience.

Cons

No complaints here. Work environment was very rewarding.

Work was very rewarding when I was there in 2007.

There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin.

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!