Lockheed Martin

www.lockheedmartin.com
  www.lockheedmartin.com
There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

Great innovative place to work.

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Fort Worth, TX
Current Employee - Senior Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Progressive technologies and brand. Excellent compensation and benefits. Excellent job growth/development potential with the ability to move laterally or vertically. The company is transparent about performance management, factors and qualifications considered for promotion, salary ranges, and development opportunities.

Cons

Culture of employees generates sense of entitlement which limits the engagement and results. The leadership has not been trained to balance the needs of the employees with management's objectives and business goals.

Invest in leadership training that includes successfully coaching and motivating people. The workforce is changing but, the culture is not.

2521 Other Employee Reviews for Lockheed Martin (View Most Recent)

Lockheed Martin is a good company with many opportunities.

Current Employee - Senior Staff Design Engineer in Newtown, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Staff Design Engineer in Newtown, PA

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I work with some of the brightest people in their fields. All of our projects are technically challenging and interesting. The company is large and so there are many opportunities for growth.

Cons

It can be a lot of work to get something accomplished. There is just so much red tape sometimes. A large company has a lot of inertial mass and so does not change course quickly.

Win some, lose some

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros

Although many managers are old school, I have had incredibly flexible management which didn't get stuck on things that don't matter. Big campus have amenities (gym, Starbucks, clinic). We do really cool work. Good support for HR function, if you will move to DC the opportunities are endless.

Cons

You have to relo to crappy locations to keep moving up. LM Commit (a joke), hierarchical, slow to change and those on the bottom are stuck with the tactical work. The medical benefits are expensive!

There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin