Lockheed Martin

www.lockheedmartin.com
There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

Great company, good pay

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros

I love working for a company that really makes a difference in the world. We make quality products to help our military service men and women, which really makes you appreciate the job.

Cons

Pay is less than stellar. Most people are paid below industry average. Benefits are probably above average, but have been declining over the last few years (as I suspect everyone's are)

2612 Other Employee Reviews for Lockheed Martin (View Most Recent)

Interesting

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Manassas, VA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Manassas, VA

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule; My team was extremely nice and the departments we worked with was helpful

Cons

Layoffs are made and sometimes it isn't based on current merit.

Talk to team leads to find out more information about employees and their work ethic; a machine cannot tell you that information.

Contractor's perspective - Great company!

Current Employee - Mechanical Design Engineer - Contract in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Mechanical Design Engineer - Contract in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Lockheed Martin as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked at BAE and General Dynamics, among others and I've learned and accomplished the most working at Lockheed in Dallas. Great company, great culture, and most directs are willing to help whenever questions arise. As with anything in life, you get out what you put in. If you want to learn from some brilliant minds and discuss ideas and expand your knowledge, you want to work here.

Cons

As a contractor, you can get stuck working boring assignments that nobody wants to do, but that's the nature of the beast. When they hand you another stack of redlines or drawing changes, just take a deep breath and know if you do them well, they will notice and maybe give you additional responsibilities if you're interested. I have designed some things contractors normally would never get to do. All while getting paid 1.5x for OT, so work hard and be rewarded!

Get rid of DCR, the contract house that you use exclusively. They're beyond terrible. Ask any contractor that works for them. Also, get rid of the 1 year rule for contractors. It discourages continuity within the programs and makes it difficult on the contractor AND the directs who have to train and get another contractor up to speed which decreases output and hurts the bottom line.

There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin