There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

Cog in a machine

Current Employee - Team Leader  in  Rockville, MD
Current Employee - Team Leader in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good medical insurance plan. Makes sense for a huge company.

I took work home occasionally, but I did that for myself. There was never pressure to work outside the 40-hour work week, so that's a pro for people with families.

Cons

Maybe the experiences are different when you were hired by the company proper and not absorbed as part of a company that got purchased by them, but I never got the feeling upper management cared about us. It's hard to keep personal morale up with that kind of environment.

I thought it was silly that our internal upper management was forced to jump through all the hoops of LM's annual review process, when it was never made clear by any management - ours or LM's - how we could work better, individually or as a team, to increase productivity and be promoted and/or get raises.

Not sure if this only applied to us "stepchildren" but I was a team leader and was required to provide feedback on my team members' work. One of our lower management bosses that was handling annual reviews for those staff said she had to change my ratings because there was a specific # of people who could be ranked at the highest level of merit and therefore those who weren't at that level weren't eligible for the best raises. While I realize that's standard in corporate, I did not anticipate this and got out there as soon as I could.

If you're going to spend the money and effort to take over other companies, you should do your job and get to know the people who are now working for you, or they'll leave.

2356 Other Employee Reviews for Lockheed Martin (View Most Recent)

Defense player on the offensive.

I worked at Lockheed Martin

Pros

Large corporation with divisions throughout the U.S.

Cons

Departments within each division can be "tribal" .... in other words if you do not have close ties within the organization or senior leader as a sponsor ... you will not get too far.

Can't grow a business by getting smaller.

It's been a good place for me to develop

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Large network of mentors and coaches available to those who seek help. Many opportunities to those who seek to try new things, work at different locations, and expand the experience and technical base.

Cons

Working as a government contractor means things often move slowly and there is plenty of bureaucracy.

Pay attention to the new employees and figure out a way to keep them engaged and excited to stay with the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!