There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

LMCO Civil Division

Former Employee - Senior Staff Engineer  in  East Point, GA
Former Employee - Senior Staff Engineer in East Point, GA

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than a year

Pros

Interesting Challenging work Work as contractor to FAA (department of transportation)

Cons

Work as contractor to FAA (department of transportation) unable to make decisions, direct work, commit resources

2344 Other Employee Reviews for Lockheed Martin (View Most Recent)

My time at Lockheed Martin

Current Employee - Senior Project Engineer  in  Moorestown, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Project Engineer in Moorestown, NJ

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The feeling you get knowing that the work performed is making a difference in keeping our military safe while protecting our country.

The ability to work on many diverse programs and projects and the opportunity to move from group to group fairly easily.

Cons

Company is so large that the lower echelon workers feel more like a number than a face.

Very few opportunities to promote from within. I knew many people that are still only level 2s or 3s after 20 - 30 years of service.

Keep looking for other innovative ways to grow diversity and inclusion further... Think outside the box.

Also - keep thinking and looking for other ways to cut costs... cutting talented engineers is not the answer. The younger workforce is getting scared and leaving and the same is true for your mid to senior level workforce.

I enjoyed working for Lockheed Martin, but unfortunately my location is closing.

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time

Pros

The salary and benefits exceed the range in the area. The environment allowed for a great work and family balance.

Cons

Unfortunately due to a downturn in the economy and government spending there have been employment reductions and consolidation of work locations.

There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!