Lockheed Martin
3.4 of 5 2,188 reviews
www.lockheedmartin.com Bethesda, MD 5000+ Employees

I had a good experience as a Mechanical Design Engineer contractor for Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control.

Mechanical Design Engineer (Former Employee)
Grand Prairie, TX

ProsThere are a lot of experienced people willing to help out if needed. The nine-eighty schedule is great because you get every other Friday off.

ConsContractors are only allowed to be there fifteen months maximum. Internal job postings are not able to be viewed by contractors, otherwise there isn't much difference.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the company policy limiting the length of time that contractors can be employed by making them sign a contract that they can never sue the company for benefits.

*Rampant* Age Discrimination - why Lockheed has not been sued again i don;t know

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Lockheed Martin for more than 5 years

Pros: If you are a young developer or a manager Cons: If not a developer or a manager, you are replaceable… Advice to Senior Management: Stop underbidding contracts and then squeezing 80 hour weeks from… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great start

Sustainment (Current Employee)
    Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than a year

Pros: Entry level opportunities Health care 9/80 schedule Vacation time Cons: High stress job After 2 years of work, hard to move… Advice to Senior Management: Before making a huge company move such as transferring a service we currently perform to a 3rd party organization, consult with employees who preform the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Lockheed Martin.

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lockheed Martin reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lockheed Martin CEO Marillyn Hewson. All reviews posted anonymously by Lockheed Martin employees.