There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

Brand company, poor management

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst  in  Arlington, VA
Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Arlington, VA

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than a year

Pros

Brand company
Good work / life balance

Cons

Managers are cycled in and out leaving few promotion opportunities
Poor management
Nepotism

2360 Other Employee Reviews for Lockheed Martin (View Most Recent)

Great steady salary but horrible corporate culture

Current Employee - Research Engineer  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Research Engineer in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Salary is great. Flexible time for work and personal business. Good support for career growth.

Cons

Horrific government like work culture. Very hierarchal management structure. Mired in process red tape and inefficiency. Seems like the company is obsessed with CYA messages and training. Seems like we have days at work that mirror "Office Space".

Please change the work culture! Employees are no longer in the 50+ demographic!

Very low quality work experience...

Current Employee - Senior Electrical Engineer  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Electrical Engineer in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Benefits and salary are very good for the area. Tuition reimbursement.

Cons

Poor quality employees - most employees seem to be hired and/or promoted by nepotism and the "good ole boy network" while the smart, hard working employees quickly leave for greener pastures. Very low retention rate, especially among younger employees.

Poor quality work environment - unprofessional and unethical, very low productivity, lots of backstabbing, lies and gossip in lieu of meaningful work.

Low quality products - although the company slogan is "remember who we work for", the products we develop are riddled with mistakes and are low quality, over budget and behind schedule, due to the aforementioned low quality employees. See CBS 60 Minutes story on the F-35 fighter.

Low quality engineering work experience - the use of outdated tools and technology make it difficult to transition to an electrical engineering role at any another company where these companies are light years ahead of Lockheed in every aspect.

In short, very poor experience all around. I am trying my best to find another job before I become unemployable by all, save except Lockheed Martin. In my experience, even the higher quality sites (Colorado and Texas) refuse to accept any transfers from Florida.

Stare clear of this place, unless you have no other options. In you take a job here, start looking for a better job on day one. And try not to stay longer than 2 years. Good luck.

If your "people are our best asset" maybe you could try treating them that way.

There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!