Lockheed Martin

There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

Corp HQ Analyst

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Better than average compensation. The people who stay tend to stay for a very long time. Your experience depends on what business area/program you work for. HQ tends to be a little more modern while some of the other divisions might have mgmt. techniques that date back to the Mad Men era. Very tolerant of telecommuting- although it seems to be pulling back a bit on this recently. Most coworkers are competent, pleasant and good to work with- but again this could depend on which program you are on.

Cons

Company is not afraid to reorganize organizational structure and shuffle mgmt. I basically get a new boss and/or department every 18 months (or sooner). This does not allow for much workforce stability or long term strategic planning. Congressional budget issues and sequestration are a big concern and as a result, company has been downsizing across the board to cut costs. Just read the papers and you will see facilities are being closed and layoffs enacted.

2609 Other Employee Reviews for Lockheed Martin (View Most Recent)

Meh

Current Employee - Procurement Representative Associate in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Procurement Representative Associate in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Work-life balance, professionalism, the people

Cons

Union policies are the main focus on pretty much any job, it is NOT a place for individual thinkers or outside of the box problem solvers. The pay is so-so.

This is a great place to come if you want to advance by doing exactly what you are told to do. It is an OK workplace because I was fortunate enough to serve under competent leadership, but other than that it is pretty much like Office Space, when what they tell you you are getting in on boarding will be similar to Top Gun.

It's been rough the past 4 years. Continuous layoffs and benefits decreasing

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Moorestown, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Moorestown, NJ

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Nice people to work with. Great Neighborhood. People in Southern New Jersey are kind of anti social though.

Cons

The stack and rack ranking system we copied from Microsoft is cancerous and must go. There is a sense that improving your ability as an engineer is the long hard road towards promotion and accounting work such as Earn Value for CAMS are the easier way to gain recognition and advancement. It feels at times that our products are not designed by engineers but by accountants. At the end of the day, I would say filling out my time and figuring out all the cost accounts to properly charge is more difficult and stressful then my actual engineering tasks.

Your employee moral is VERY VERY low at this location due to years of layoffs, AMDR contract loss, and steady erosion of benefits. While I understand the sacrifice that everyone has to make in terms of benefits to keep us competitive, more minor stuff will go a long way in boosting our moral. Free coffee, water, juice, etc.. Better 7, 10, 15 year anniversary gifts. An actual Christmas party.

There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin