There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

Great place to learn a lot but difficult to get things done because of bureaucracy.

Former Employee - Unix Systems Administrator in New Orleans, LA
Former Employee - Unix Systems Administrator in New Orleans, LA

I worked at Lockheed Martin

Pros

Lockheed Martin promotes a very diverse and pleasant work environment and stresses inclusion of all peoples as a core aspect of what makes the company what it is. Lockheed Martin stresses honesty and accountability as well. Most divisions of Lockheed have benefits that exceed those of competitors.

Cons

The level of bureaucracy in working for a major Defense contractor is astounding. There are two sets of hoops to jump through to get anything accomplished, Corporate and then Government and the two policies generally don't overlap often causing tons of red tape to get the mission accomplished. In general I didn't feel that the best candidates were promoted to management. Senior managers seemed to pick and choose people to groom and everyone knew that those individuals were the ones that were going to be promoted to management down the line regardless of their level of leadership abilities or technical competence.

Be more forthright with the employees about their futures.

reviews filtered by
  1. Company of great stability. Can be political at times.

Current Employee - Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros

It's internationally recognized as a technologically advanced company. There's a huge variety of work available within the company that make changing jobs without changing company easy. It pays tremendous attention to work-life balance and promote an inclusive work environment. There's vast resources within the company, both people and facilities.

Cons

Organization and management not streamlined and efficient. Often there are many layers of management. While each layer needs to justfiy their existence, it often burdens the working level to support their request for information and hinders real work progress. Often find people who are unwilling to accept new responsibilities and stay passive in work attitude. No intiative.

Stream line organization and reduce management layer. Having local site manager is better that a remote one.

2. Fair treatment, lots of benefits.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros

In my light experience within LM I have been treated fairly, I feel like most work I do is valuable. It also seems to be a good place to work, when a program gets cut, upper management really attempts to facilitate moving employees instead of laying them all off.

Cons

The salaries are not as good as some of the private companies, but the job security is higher than private companies. They also have downsized their masters reimbursement programs a bit.

Micro-manage a bit less.