There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

Lockheed Martin is a great place to work.

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time

Pros

I enjoyed the weekly pay from Lockheed and the constant opportunity for change. Lots of interesting projects and locations for opportunities to move.

Cons

Not as much opportunity for cyber security as I would like.

Do more to retain good employees.

2356 Other Employee Reviews for Lockheed Martin (View Most Recent)

Sucks the life out of you

Current Employee - Systems Engineer  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There is an undeniable thrill at the thought of working for Lockheed Martin, one of the big folks in the space industry. The people are generally really good people. The company--depending upon WHICH division you work for--can treat their people poorly. They are very flexible for work hours which is wonderful and they don't generally micromanage, another major plus. But overall, within a small number of years working here, the life will be sucked out of you, as will your love and admiration of NASA.

Cons

Their salary rating is a joke. They have a comp ratio system. Let's say your pay range for your job title is 50,000 - 70,000. If you are making near the 50k, you 'compensation ratio' is low, so you'll get a raise every year, usually. If you are at 60k then you're at the middle of your pay range and your comp ratio is 1, therefore, unless you're absolutely effing spectacular, your raise is zero. So how is this the middle of the 'payrange' when you pretty much can't get past the halfway point. And that includes no cost of living increase so you actually end up making less...

Every division has different benefits and if you're in one of the 'poor' companies, its very demoralizing. And the comp ratio brilliance is just flat out insulting.

Family Oriented

Former Employee - Information Systems Analyst for USACE  in  Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Information Systems Analyst for USACE in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They look at all their employees where I was employed (USACE-US Army Corps of Engineers), as their family. If you have a problem or are have a tardiness issue they will do everything to keep you within the company, even adjusting your work hours. We pretty much made our own schedule within the 8 hr with 1 hour lunch break mandatory policy. You could come in and leave so long as you didn't break that policy, management had no leg to stand on if they didn't agree with you. They did many morale boosters, and kept in touch with all of us, we were spread around the globe, and was never overly critical. They held our hands and stood in the fire on many things so we (their contractors) didn't have to. They gave us regular pay raises, matched our 401k 100% to our contribution and gave us their VIP status on things like cell phones and stuff on agreements they had with major cell phone companies, online shoe stores, etc. it was a little like having an expense account. They took over USACE from another company that I was with. They carried me over, so I was there about 4 years total. I appreciated that the workplace was Army related because I am prior Army. I really loved it there!

Cons

Not any. I left for personal issues. Am now retired from working, live in TX and take care of my family while going to school. I wish I were still there, I miss the friends I've made. But I know I cannot return due to my disability. That would be the only con.

I hope you are really keeping up the good work. I remember Lockheed even today, I'm thinking about opening my own catering business soon along with being a food writer, am in culinary school right now. You have left a good impression on me.

There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!