Treated me well.

Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Moorestown, NJ
Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Moorestown, NJ

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Can post out of group to move around and gain lots of skills.

Cons

90% of training for experienced professionals has to be done on your personnel time. the other 10% you have to be chosen by the SLT old boys club.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Family Oriented

Former Employee - Information Systems Analyst for USACE in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Information Systems Analyst for USACE in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They look at all their employees where I was employed (USACE-US Army Corps of Engineers), as their family. If you have a problem or are have a tardiness issue they will do everything to keep you within the company, even adjusting your work hours. We pretty much made our own schedule within the 8 hr with 1 hour lunch break mandatory policy. You could come in and leave so long as you didn't break that policy, management had no leg to stand on if they didn't agree with you. They did many morale boosters, and kept in touch with all of us, we were spread around the globe, and was never overly critical. They held our hands and stood in the fire on many things so we (their contractors) didn't have to. They gave us regular pay raises, matched our 401k 100% to our contribution and gave us their VIP status on things like cell phones and stuff on agreements they had with major cell phone companies, online shoe stores, etc. it was a little like having an expense account. They took over USACE from another company that I was with. They carried me over, so I was there about 4 years total. I appreciated that the workplace was Army related because I am prior Army. I really loved it there!

Cons

Not any. I left for personal issues. Am now retired from working, live in TX and take care of my family while going to school. I wish I were still there, I miss the friends I've made. But I know I cannot return due to my disability. That would be the only con.

Advice to Management

I hope you are really keeping up the good work. I remember Lockheed even today, I'm thinking about opening my own catering business soon along with being a food writer, am in culinary school right now. You have left a good impression on me.

Not so great in a government facility

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have to no pros.

Cons

Office environment is horrible for contractors. Pay is not competitive.

Advice to Management

Give some incentive for your workers to stay.