There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

I have wonderful coworkers, and amazing boss and perfect job tasks for my level and expectations.

Current Employee - Multi Functional Financial Analyst Asc in Fort Worth, TX
Current Employee - Multi Functional Financial Analyst Asc in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

LM has a 9/80 schedule which is so convenient! The hours are great - OT is only needed for special projects and end-of-year closing. Each month we can accrue 10 hours of vacation time, and this never expires. Another perk of this company is how easy it is to talk to upper management. This has improved over the last several years.

Cons

The insurance benefits could definitely be better. I have heard the coverage use to be better, but now it covers less. For people with children on their insurance, it almost feels like the insurance is useless. Another disadvantage is the time it takes to get a promotion. Going from a level 1 to a level 2 takes about 4 years, and from a level 2 to a level 3 takes even longer.

Advice to Management

A lot of complaints about not able to get a promotion are due to the lack of budget. Why do other aspects of the company seem to have a bigger budget since they are able to do promotions more often? Maybe we could cut back on hiring retired VPs that come back as overpaid consultants, and use that part of the budget for better use towards current employees!

reviews filtered by
  1. Good benefits unfortunately I was too old to continue my career there apparently.

Former Employee - Web Designer Senior in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Web Designer Senior in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Health benefits and a matching 401K.

Cons

Company is continually letting employees go who have pension benefits and/or over the age of 50.

Advice to Management

Stop micro managing and think outside the box.

2. Work Your Career and Company Politics

Former Employee - Systems Engineer Senior Staff in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer Senior Staff in San Jose, CA

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Get yourself selected for a leadership development program and you are on your way. Also, tools are provided for in-house skill development, as well as tuition reimbursement for university degrees and occasionally, there are exciting projects on which to work.

Cons

Because this is a business model that doesn't lend itself to producing a new product or service that can be widely sold, advancement can be uneven as there is not a product line to with which to grow.

Advice to Management

The general manager and below not always aware of the true status of project and have a tendency to be putting out the next fire instead of promoting the next strategic step. My advice is to actually know your employees, the team leads at least to understand the pulse of your company.