Lockheed Martin

www.lockheedmartin.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

I have wonderful coworkers, and amazing boss and perfect job tasks for my level and expectations.

Current Employee - Multi Functional Financial Analyst Asc in Fort Worth, TX
Current Employee - Multi Functional Financial Analyst Asc in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (more than a year)

Pros

LM has a 9/80 schedule which is so convenient! The hours are great - OT is only needed for special projects and end-of-year closing. Each month we can accrue 10 hours of vacation time, and this never expires. Another perk of this company is how easy it is to talk to upper management. This has improved over the last several years.

Cons

The insurance benefits could definitely be better. I have heard the coverage use to be better, but now it covers less. For people with children on their insurance, it almost feels like the insurance is useless. Another disadvantage is the time it takes to get a promotion. Going from a level 1 to a level 2 takes about 4 years, and from a level 2 to a level 3 takes even longer.

A lot of complaints about not able to get a promotion are due to the lack of budget. Why do other aspects of the company seem to have a bigger budget since they are able to do promotions more often? Maybe we could cut back on hiring retired VPs that come back as overpaid consultants, and use that part of the budget for better use towards current employees!

2681 Other Employee Reviews for Lockheed Martin (View Most Recent)

Good benefits unfortunately I was too old to continue my career there apparently.

Former Employee - Web Designer Senior in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Web Designer Senior in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Health benefits and a matching 401K.

Cons

Company is continually letting employees go who have pension benefits and/or over the age of 50.

Stop micro managing and think outside the box.

Company preaches Quality of Life (QOL), but workload prohibits meaning QOL. Completely undermanned for the contract.

Former Employee - Program Management Associate Manager in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Former Employee - Program Management Associate Manager in Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Co workers and 1st and 2nd level management. This was the most can do group of people I've ever had the pleasure of working with.

Cons

Our contract was completely undermanned. Additionally, the contract bid was completely underbid. There were many very, very good people that worked many, many long hard hours trying to get this work done. It was very frustrating.

It is imperative that contracts be bid realistically. Forget taking these "management challenges".

There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin