There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

Turn your career in to a Job!

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Bethesda, MD
Current Employee - Analyst in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Flex time, and Vacation time

Cons

Work culture is hostile, retaliation and nepotism run rampant. Job Reqs are frequently opened for, "groomed" candidates i.e. it's a forgone conclusion who will be receiving the promotion. The workforce is flat, there are very many low levels, and very few opportunities to further your career through hard work. The culture is the literal stereotype of who you know, no what you know.

Stop the silliness of forcing employees to interview for the next promotion to a different area where they may not even be the best qualified candidate and know very little about there new higher position. Promote from within the group. All your doing is fostering resentment of a new higher paid person coming in who beyond there ability to interview well, likely know far less about the area than the workforce you overlooked. I can't recommend anyone I care about work here long term... you've turned it in to a paycheck and taken away the pride of having a career... I literally have a manager telling me that you have no loyalty to us, therefore where is ours in return to you? The bare minimum to keep our employment, you are not fostering any more than that. That's it, that's the word on the street. You can either listen, or argue with beautiful PR words. But at the end of the day, I and many others feel the way I described and we are where the rubber meets the road... not HR.

2357 Other Employee Reviews for Lockheed Martin (View Most Recent)

An energizing culture with great teams of people.

Current Employee - Computer Systems Analyst
    Current Employee - Computer Systems Analyst

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of opportunity to learn and gain many skills that are valuable in the industry. The teams of people are some of the brightest that you'll encounter and very productive. Compensation is competitive, and benefits are spectacular.

Cons

Depending on the program that you are on, there are limited opportunities to grow. Most programs are on government contracts, so you will be required to work with slower-paced and less adept government workers.

Provide greater opportunities for personal development and growth into different programs.

Good experience.

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Durham, NC

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great work life balance. Co workers in my office worked all their lives at Lockeed, some upto 35 years. That says a lot about employee satisfaction and retention.
    My office dealt with federal contracts, which translates to more job security, however this changed a bit during the recession.

Cons

Lower compensation compared to industry standards.
    Less opportunities to grow.
    Felt like I was doing same work throughout my time there

There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!