There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

Turn your career in to a Job!

Current Employee - Analyst in Bethesda, MD
Current Employee - Analyst in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flex time, and Vacation time

Cons

Work culture is hostile, retaliation and nepotism run rampant. Job Reqs are frequently opened for, "groomed" candidates i.e. it's a forgone conclusion who will be receiving the promotion. The workforce is flat, there are very many low levels, and very few opportunities to further your career through hard work. The culture is the literal stereotype of who you know, no what you know.

Advice to Management

Stop the silliness of forcing employees to interview for the next promotion to a different area where they may not even be the best qualified candidate and know very little about there new higher position. Promote from within the group. All your doing is fostering resentment of a new higher paid person coming in who beyond there ability to interview well, likely know far less about the area than the workforce you overlooked. I can't recommend anyone I care about work here long term... you've turned it in to a paycheck and taken away the pride of having a career... I literally have a manager telling me that you have no loyalty to us, therefore where is ours in return to you? The bare minimum to keep our employment, you are not fostering any more than that. That's it, that's the word on the street. You can either listen, or argue with beautiful PR words. But at the end of the day, I and many others feel the way I described and we are where the rubber meets the road... not HR.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Slow

Current Employee - Software Engineer Associate in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Software Engineer Associate in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work hours can be flexible.

Cons

Having a hard time justifying staying with the company. The pay is drastically lower than what other companies advertise. Some companies pay almost double for fresh out of college graduates with little skill in the field hired for than this company.

The advancement is slow and you must meet minimums to advance regardless of whether or not you actually qualify for the position. As an Asc Software Engineer, I was performing 1 grade higher after 2 months and 2 grades higher after a year and it took over 2 years to get promoted 1 grade higher.

Previous military experience did not count towards any determination of pay grade upon hire, even though it directly affected my work ethics and skills, because it was not in the same field.

LM also seems afraid to upgrade to newer, faster, and more secure software due to the 'it works why change it?' mentality. Due to this the technical skills gained are outdated and some of the products look like they were designed 10 years ago (since they almost were).

Advice to Management

Company policy needs to change if LM plans to retain experienced employees. I am willing to bet that they are losing more money having to train new hires in outdated technology than if they were to grant the proper pay raises and worked with stuff that is more ahead of the curve like a technology company should be doing.

Innovative Company.

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Littleton, CO
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Littleton, CO

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, professional staff, friendly employees.

Cons

High stress, not much chance for non-technical staff to move up.

Advice to Management

Need improvement in work-life balance issues, enable cross-training for administrative assistants to move up in company.