Lockheed Martin

www.lockheedmartin.com

Relatively happy

Current Employee - Recruiter
Current Employee - Recruiter

Pros

-great work life balance and stability
-Flex Time
-980 Schedule
-Christmas Shutdown
-3 weeks of vacation to start
-great benefits
-numerous affinity groups

Cons

-inconsistent use of telecommuting and other general flex time and work life balance benefits
-Old school
-highly resistent to change
-poor use of performance management
-60s era desks and drab surroundings

We're proud of where we work, but please apply policies consisentently across the corporation. Managers often say that benefits are optional for their groups to utilize which sends the wrong message to employees.

Other reviews for Lockheed Martin

We never forget who we are working for, but we do forget who is working for us.

Pros

Lockheed Martin is well respected as a result of the advanced products they sell, the complex programs developed, and the engineering expertise of the engineers.

Cons

Requirements creep is not controlled, and when solutions become too expensive, Senior Management accepts contract cancellations without fighting for the jobs of the people affected.

Reevaluate the requirements to be promoted to a decent level within the company. Promotions should result from improving business performance and should not be based on nepotiism or gender.

Decent Place To Work

Pros

Flex hours, plenty of vacation from the start. 401k with a good match, people are great to work with. Lots of extra benefits including gym reimbursements, discounts at local restaurants, and company intramural leagues. Yearly raises unless you are severely under performing.

Cons

Very hard to move around right now. Seems that high performers are punished and forced to stay on same projects because they are deemed valuable. Promotions are hard to get.

They need to provide more opportunities for employees to move around, and I am not just talking about management here.

There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin.

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!