Lockheed Martin
3.4 of 5 2,014 reviews
www.lockheedmartin.com Bethesda, MD 5000+ Employees

2014 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Good at the working level, but senior management is hindrance rather than a help

Principal Systems Engineer (Current Employee)
Syracuse, NY

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

ProsStrong ethical and professional atmosphere
Interesting applications of technology - not cutting edge, but focused on what works
Bright senior contributors with open door access
Reasonable salary
Appear to want to preserve defined benefit plan, even if now closed to new hires
Technical progression ladder is still reasonably intact

ConsHR is rigid and wants cookie cutter employees - conformist is fine even if not particularly productive
Senior management are not crisp decision makers - consensus approach is very expensive, with lots of non-productive roles.
Performance management, while consistent, is formula-driven and forces one to "play the game" to get good reviews, rather than recognizing good productive performance independently.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut out layers of upper management which just pass the buck up to the next level, rather than dealing with the problems locally.
Balance the rewards - recognise (financially as well as verbally) the people who execute and deliver the product, not just those that win the bid.

Student Program

Lean Six Sigma Student Specialist (Former Employee)
Orlando, FL

I worked at Lockheed Martin

Pros: The employees are extremely friendly and warm. The environment and culture at Lockheed is one like no other. My department, Six Sigma, was always about… Cons: From where I live, the drive was a little bit far. And the parking is difficult,… Advice to Senior Management: The weekly leadership emails were a nice touch, so all employees knew what was going on within the company… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Engineer review

Senior Electrical Engineer (Former Employee)
Aurora, CO

I worked at Lockheed Martin

Pros: Health Benefits worked very well for standard issues, however, when specialized medications are required Lockheed's insurance… Cons: Vacation & Sick time were lacking Benefits seemed to be non-standard between departments… Advice to Senior Management: Standardize benefits between departments, increase PTO, improve health benefits, and… More

There are newer reviews on Lockheed Martin.

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lockheed Martin reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lockheed Martin CEO Marillyn Hewson. All reviews posted anonymously by Lockheed Martin employees.