Lockwood, Andrews, & Newnam

www.lan-inc.com
Unclaimed Profile
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Lockwood, Andrews, & Newnam

Middle Managment (and D. Peterson) needs take the reigns and move company forward

Former Employee - Engineer in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Engineer in Austin, TX

I worked at Lockwood, Andrews, & Newnam

Pros

Generally a relaxed environment. Good work-life balance in the satellite offices. Good quality younger staff, some diamonds in the rough.

Cons

Senior managment spent too much time behind closed doors. Did not provide enough mentorship and feedback to staff regardless of the makeshift "training" activities. This is a "good-ole-boys" club and this was heard from several clients. Unless you have the ability to bring in work or are politically well-connected this is not the place to grow your career.

Technical standards (CAD and standard specifications) a huge hinderance to project development. Company needs to develop a good flexible standard.

Advice to Management

Believe upper management has the right approach but they are not holding middle management accountable for the development of the staff. The company is too top-heavy. You need to cut loose some of the senior folks who are not bringing in enough work to cover their overhead burden.

reviews filtered by
  1. Get to work on the good projects in Houston

Former Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Lockwood, Andrews, & Newnam

Pros

They have money and aren't stingy with it. Also they do a wide variety of projects in Houston and around TX so you can do some fun stuff.

Cons

Lots of cubicles in the Houston office. Can be kind of drab.

Advice to Management

Expand to other areas too.

2. Land Development

Current Employee - Engineer II (EIT II) in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Engineer II (EIT II) in Houston, TX

I have been working at Lockwood, Andrews, & Newnam

Pros

The company is small enough to expose you to a lot of work early on and allow you to manage your own projects. There's a great community feel and the leadership does everything they can to ensure you're taken care of both personally and professionally. They want you to succeed and they want you to have a good work-life balance.

Cons

Because of the company's size, you will not get the big or exciting project. Few of my projects seem very technical at all and at times I feel I am only developing myself in knowing how to make/review plans and interact with the clients, however I do not feel enabled to perform actual engineering calculations like I was able to do in school.

Advice to Management

Management is doing great. I want tougher projects, but that is determined by the Market, not them.