There are newer employer reviews for LocumTenens.com

Great company, good people, some communication issues.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Alpharetta, GA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at LocumTenens.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company cares about employees, great benefits.
Great philanthropy projects from company.
Growth opportunities.
Innovation is encouraged.
Many associates who have been with the company for long tenures.

Cons

Some individuals end up in management positions without good training in managing; creates communication issues.
Human resources is through the parent company, Jackson Healthcare, and does not handle things well.

Provide real, substantive training to your managers.
Communicate with your teams/company, even if the feedback isn't good. Protecting them from negative information doesn't help anyone improve.

13 Other Employee Reviews for LocumTenens.com (View Most Recent)

Great place to work if you have no college degree

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at LocumTenens.com

Pros

LocumTenens.com is a great place to work if you are fine with staying in the same job capacity for the rest of your life. If you love recruiting without having to run a full desk, this is the place for you.

Cons

There is no real opportunity for advancement after the Research Development program. Management is just now starting to address this. Mentors are paid an override of your commission, which can lead to your co-workers not helping you if they don't like your mentor. There are no opportunities for career development or on-going education. Job really doesn't engage the brain much, and quite often your superiors can be complete morons who got lucky in finding a job that can be completed without a degree. I find that the account executives without a college education will often talk down to you to try to discourage you from staying as college educated new hired often utilize technology and can complete the tasks in less time and effort, thus threatning the comfortable lifestyle they have.

Engage account executives further. The job doesn't always require 300 phone calls a week, I found that I could email my doctors and get better responses more quickly. Understand that there has to be more opportunities for advancement and paying mentors an override of commissions does not help anyone, it actually makes it harder for mentees to get help for our team members.

Research Consultant

I worked at LocumTenens.com

Pros

Fun People, great office space

Cons

70+ Phone calls daily, can take a long time to get promoted if team is full

There are newer employer reviews for LocumTenens.com

Worked for LocumTenens.com? Contribute to the Community!