LodgeNet
www.lodgenet.com Sioux Falls, SD 1000 to 5000 Employees

If I could do it again, I'd pass.

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Denver, CO

ProsMany very nice individuals to work with but archaic process and proceedures throughout.Their stock took a nose dive and they nearly hit bottom so they did layoffs and flattened their structure eliminating many managers. I am sure this left a mountain of work for those they kept. It seems like sometimes there are 10 departments doing the same thing at this company and that they don't communicate well with each other. Overall there is potential and their CEO is a warm personality but there is a sense that they need to grow and challenge themselves more. Innovation is not as great here as you'd expect. It seems like people just want to collect their checks and get about the weekend activities. I'll cross my fingers and hope I'm wrong because these are some very lovable people at this company but I think LodgeNet has a short future due to financial issues and lack of innovation and market penetration.

ConsConstantly seeing other products and services offered elsewhere that are cheaper and better than your own. Dodging the questions from relatives about the content that LodgeNet makes its money from.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdapt or perish, as they say. I hope LodgeNet learns to adapt quickly, and soon. Stop viewing expensive re-branding as the key to your problems and focus on some actual innovation.

Good place to work, but low level of technical know-how

Atlanta, GA

I have been working at LodgeNet

Pros: -Direct management is very supportive -Atlanta office has very sharp technical staff -Atlanta office technical people have a… Cons: -Sioux Falls office not very technical. -Communication between SF and Atlanta… Advice to Senior Management: -SF management should spend more time in Atlanta. Much more… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

LodgeNet

I have been working at LodgeNet

Pros: good location-- Sioux Falls is a good place to live and raise children intelligent co-workers who… Cons: Sales group has a poor grasp of selling to customer needs Company is slow to adapt to changing… Advice to Senior Management: Develop a plan for responding to changing entertainment market Find a sales team that sell when it costs… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on LodgeNet.

Worked for LodgeNet? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LodgeNet reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for LodgeNet CEO Richard L. Battista. All reviews posted anonymously by LodgeNet employees.