Lodgian

It was what it was.

Former Employee - Evening Auditor in Middletown, NY
Former Employee - Evening Auditor in Middletown, NY

I worked at Lodgian

Pros

Job not particularly complex. Good if you like interacting with and servicing guests. Working night shifts can be very quiet at times (a plus if you like that).

Cons

Dealing with people up all night "wilding" and disturbing other guests (if you were expecting quietness on the evening shift). Low pay of course.

I think some of the guest management issues have been worked out for the better. The place I worked had an antiquated tracking and management system.

17 Other Employee Reviews for Lodgian (View Most Recent)

A fine enough job for what it is.

Former Employee - Front Desk Associate in Gainesville, FL
    Former Employee - Front Desk Associate in Gainesville, FL

I worked at Lodgian

Pros

It is a fairly easy job and is only sometimes stressful. The hours weren't entirely flexible, but concessions were made when they needed to be. My coworkers were also nice.

Cons

The job was sometimes boring and I didn't see much room for advancement. Also, I felt disconnected from a lot of the other departments as we didn't interact all that often. There was no importance placed on getting to know anyone other than those you worked directly with.

Make sure that people who are in every position feel appreciated and valued. Also, make sure that the work place feels open and that different employees can communicate with each other.

Great college job

Current Employee - Guest Service Agent in Lawrence, KS
    Current Employee - Guest Service Agent in Lawrence, KS

I have been working at Lodgian

Pros

I work part-time at the front desk of a Holiday inn, while attending college. Overall, the atmosphere is great - everyone, from the bottom to the top, is very team oriented.

There are definitely busy times and slow times, though. Weekends from around March through November are usually crazy - lots of weddings and business conferences in our convention center. But even during peak times, the weekdays and weeknights are still pretty low-key. That's awesome for a college student like myself. I finished a lot of homework on the clock! I know that sounds bad, but hey, someone has to man the front desk, even when the hotel is completely dead.

Cons

We are independently owned and you can definitely tell by how skimpy the housekeepers are paid, how chintzy the benefits are for full-timers, etc. Also, management has changed so many times around here it's ridiculous. I think we've finally got some good people in place though.

Take better care of your employees and they will likely return the favor and stick around for awhile.

There are newer employer reviews for Lodgian