It was what it was.

Former Employee - Evening Auditor  in  Middletown, NY
Former Employee - Evening Auditor in Middletown, NY

I worked at Lodgian

Pros

Job not particularly complex. Good if you like interacting with and servicing guests. Working night shifts can be very quiet at times (a plus if you like that).

Cons

Dealing with people up all night "wilding" and disturbing other guests (if you were expecting quietness on the evening shift). Low pay of course.

I think some of the guest management issues have been worked out for the better. The place I worked had an antiquated tracking and management system.

Other Reviews for Lodgian

Holiday Inn Express

I worked at Lodgian

Pros

Well managed. Flexible and fair scheduling. Competitive compensation for the type of work. Nice perks including HIE discounts at other locations.

Cons

The position required late night shifts that were shared by all employees. Position offered little challenge or chance to advance beyond the desk.

Management was fair and well respected. Only suggested improvement would be a displayed opportunity for challenges and eventual advancement. Would work for this company again.

A fine enough job for what it is.

Former Employee - Front Desk Associate  in  Gainesville, FL
    Former Employee - Front Desk Associate in Gainesville, FL

I worked at Lodgian

Pros

It is a fairly easy job and is only sometimes stressful. The hours weren't entirely flexible, but concessions were made when they needed to be. My coworkers were also nice.

Cons

The job was sometimes boring and I didn't see much room for advancement. Also, I felt disconnected from a lot of the other departments as we didn't interact all that often. There was no importance placed on getting to know anyone other than those you worked directly with.

Make sure that people who are in every position feel appreciated and valued. Also, make sure that the work place feels open and that different employees can communicate with each other.

There are newer employer reviews for Lodgian.

Worked for Lodgian? Contribute to the Community!