There are newer employer reviews for Lodgian

Hit and Miss with income/hours worked

Former Employee - Restaurant/Room Service Server in Linthicum, MD
Former Employee - Restaurant/Room Service Server in Linthicum, MD

I worked at Lodgian part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working for Lodgian/Holiday Inn I met a lot of hard working, nice people. It was my first job I was able to land after moving to the Baltimore area. The managers were not micro managers, and sort of let you do your own thing which is good

Cons

The management team was always being replaced by new managers. The hours were poor at times. The pay was low. I felt that the hotel was being ran on a small budget. We begged for a nice room service cart, and after months of begging we finally got one, and it was CHEAP! The new management that was brought in was not nice to current employees. It seemed like they wanted to bring in their own people at the time.

Advice to Management

Check in at your hotels more often. Ask the actual employees what needs to be changed. It seemed at the time like you prefer to shun the regular employees, and only talk with hotel management. You don't get any real feedback this way.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Satisfactory

Former Employee - Night Auditor in Frisco, CO
    Former Employee - Night Auditor in Frisco, CO

I worked at Lodgian

Pros

They provide food and accommodation for foreign employees, the properties are located in exotic locations like the Rocky mountains, which act as mood enhancer for employees. They bring on board employees from many different countries, and thus facilitate cross-cultural bonding.

Cons

Bad management feedback, no training, no growth opportunity. Management give no training and reprimand the employees. There are no perks to boost motivation and employee performance.

Advice to Management

Please conduct management training programs and train your employees before reprimanding them. Have a counseling session with your team before giving them notice. Find out who enjoys what the best and do proper competency mapping.

2. good job for the short run, but don't plan to build a career

Current Employee - Food & Beverage Manager in Saint Cloud, MN
    Current Employee - Food & Beverage Manager in Saint Cloud, MN

I have been working at Lodgian

Pros

good opportunity for growth and flexibility with hours through college.
    able to make adequate wages through hours and tips earned

Cons

little reward for tenure in terms of compensation and advancement.
    don't expect to be rewarded for the time you put in or the education you've gotten besides another week of vacation.

Advice to Management

it takes more than another week of vacation to retain an employee that has invested themselves in your company.
    try offering competitve wages to your supervisors/middle management.