There are newer employer reviews for Lodgian

Pleasant

Current Employee - Reservations Agent in Strongsville, OH
Current Employee - Reservations Agent in Strongsville, OH

I have been working at Lodgian full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Co-Workers, Fun work environment

Cons

The work can be repetitive.

if people need to use the bathroom, YOU CAN'T TELL THEM NO.

17 Other Employee Reviews for Lodgian (View Most Recent)

Hit and Miss with income/hours worked

Former Employee - Restaurant/Room Service Server in Linthicum, MD
    Former Employee - Restaurant/Room Service Server in Linthicum, MD

I worked at Lodgian part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working for Lodgian/Holiday Inn I met a lot of hard working, nice people. It was my first job I was able to land after moving to the Baltimore area. The managers were not micro managers, and sort of let you do your own thing which is good

Cons

The management team was always being replaced by new managers. The hours were poor at times. The pay was low. I felt that the hotel was being ran on a small budget. We begged for a nice room service cart, and after months of begging we finally got one, and it was CHEAP! The new management that was brought in was not nice to current employees. It seemed like they wanted to bring in their own people at the time.

Check in at your hotels more often. Ask the actual employees what needs to be changed. It seemed at the time like you prefer to shun the regular employees, and only talk with hotel management. You don't get any real feedback this way.

Satisfactory

Former Employee - Night Auditor in Frisco, CO
    Former Employee - Night Auditor in Frisco, CO

I worked at Lodgian

Pros

They provide food and accommodation for foreign employees, the properties are located in exotic locations like the Rocky mountains, which act as mood enhancer for employees. They bring on board employees from many different countries, and thus facilitate cross-cultural bonding.

Cons

Bad management feedback, no training, no growth opportunity. Management give no training and reprimand the employees. There are no perks to boost motivation and employee performance.

Please conduct management training programs and train your employees before reprimanding them. Have a counseling session with your team before giving them notice. Find out who enjoys what the best and do proper competency mapping.

There are newer employer reviews for Lodgian