There are newer employer reviews for LogicBlox
There are newer employer reviews for LogicBlox

See Most Recent

Helpful (1)

The company has a great vision but struggles to translate it into a realistic roadmap.

  • Work/Life Balance
  • Career Opportunities
  • Comp & Benefits
  • Senior Management
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee

I have been working at LogicBlox

Doesn't Recommend
Doesn't Recommend

Pros

The company is building its own platform from bottom (database) to top (interesting applications). The potential is obvious, and there are lots of interesting problems to solve.

Cons

Strategy has not translated very well into a clear plan. Most employees operate in the dark. Application projects often fail due to changing scope or immature technology.

Advice to Management

The company needs to pay more attention to setting context with employees, setting projects up to succeed. Pay more attention to culture, also -- management needs to respect employees more rather than trying to prove they are smarter than the employees.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Location
  • Any Job Title
  • Any Status
  1. Inspirerende werkomgeving en de opwindende toekomst om naar uit te kijken Inspiring work environment and exciting future to look forward to

    • Work/Life Balance
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    • Comp & Benefits
    • Senior Management
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee

    I have been working at LogicBlox full-time (More than a year)

    Recommends
    Positive Outlook
    Approves of CEO
    Recommends
    Positive Outlook
    Approves of CEO

    (Translated from English)

    Pros

    LogicBlox neemt de beste mensen aan in hun vakgebied uit de hele wereld en ik ben er trots op om te kunnen samenwerken met ingenieurs van wereldklasse! Er zijn veel (meer dan wekelijks) kennisdelingsessies die u toelaten om bij te blijven met de laatste ontwikkelingen, niet alleen binnen het bedrijf/eigen technologie, maar ook op andere vlakken. Het bedrijf heeft een sterke visie voor de opbouw van de volgende generatie, een intelligente databank-stichting die "de traditionele barrières tussen transacties en analyses naar beneden haalt en dat kan een gevorderde planning teweegbrengen, een voorspellende analyse en zakelijke logica om het te verwerken in een verenigde, hoge performantie-motor" en het is zeer motiverend om samen te werken met een team die deze visie deelt. Er is ook een goede transparantie naar de zaken toe, die betrekking heeft op onze missie en me vertrouwen geeft in ons product. De horizontale organisatiestructuur zorgt ervoor dat iedereen, zelfs nieuwe medewerkers, een grote impact hebben op ons bedrijf, omdat ieders ideeën/feedback worden verwelkomd en aangemoedigd. Omdat de mensen verdeeld zijn over 2 continenten, is er altijd iemand beschikbaar om te helpen of gewoon om plezier te hebben in onze chatrooms. Ik hou van het feit dat het iedereen iets kan schelen, ze voelen zich verantwoordelijk en willen een verschil maken. Het is echt een inspirerende werkomgeving.

    LogicBlox cherry picks the best people in their fields from the whole world and I am proud to be able to work together with world-class engineers! There are many (weekly+) knowledge sharing sessions, that allow you to keep up-to-date with the latest developments, not just within the company/own technology, but also in other fields. The company has a strong vision for building the next-generation, smart database foundation that "tears down the traditional barriers between transactions and analytics, and that can process sophisticated planning, predictive analysis, and business logic in one unified, high-performance engine" and it's extremely motivating to work together with a team who believes in this vision. There's also good transparency to the business, which relates to our mission and makes me feel confident in our product. The flat organizational structure allows for everyone, even new employees to have a major impact on our company, as everyone's ideas/feedback is welcomed and encouraged. As people are spread out over 2 continents, there's always someone available to help or just have fun with in our chatrooms. I love the fact that everybody really cares, feels responsible and wants to make a difference. It's a truly inspiring work environment.

    Cons

    De technologie is in volle ontwikkeling en dus nog niet volwassen op alle fronten. Door samen te werken met een aantal collega's is het soms een uitdaging, want er is tot 10 uur tijdsverschil tussen sommige ontwikkelaars. Mensen zijn echter altijd flexibel en proberen dat het iedereen lukt.

    The technology is full in development and therefore not yet mature on all fronts. Working together with some colleague's is at times challenging, as there is up to 10 hours of time difference between some developers. People are always flexible, though, and try to make it work for each other.


  2. Great people, great flexibility, great vision

    • Work/Life Balance
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    • Comp & Benefits
    • Senior Management
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA

    I have been working at LogicBlox full-time (More than 5 years)

    Recommends
    Positive Outlook
    Recommends
    Positive Outlook

    Pros

    I have worked at LogicBlox for almost 5 years, and have been a professional software engineer for 13 years. LogicBlox is a special company to work for. We offer tough problems to solve, stunning colleagues to work with, and flexible working arrangements. The work here is deep and fascinating enough to require and attract top-shelf talent both from industry and academia despite not being located in tech hot spots like Silicon Valley or NYC. We tackle big, difficult problems and insist on excellent engineering quality in our platform. Our company is low drama, low politics, and high flexibility. We have a very flat organization (roughly 96% engineers, 4% G&A / management) with highly committed and down-to-earth management/team leads. We have trust in each other to be responsible stewards for the company, which is what allows us to have a a great remote working policy (half the company works remotely) and an unlimited vacation policy. We have regular (probably 1 a week on average) talks open to the company either from staff, applicants or academic collaborators which run gamut from demos of ongoing work to internal design proposals to presentations of CS thesis material. Regardless of your background, if you work at LogicBlox you will (forcibly) learn new things all the time and be encouraged to do so.

    Cons

    For me there aren't cons. For those who prefer more hierarchical organizations, LogicBlox does not offer that. I agree with another reviewer who said that it is required to be comfortable with ambiguity and immature technology. To me that is a plus, because it means there is a lot of opportunity for new employees to have a major impact and try to pitch and implement their ideas.


There are newer employer reviews for LogicBlox
There are newer employer reviews for LogicBlox

See Most Recent

Work at LogicBlox? Share Your Experiences

LogicBlox

 
Click to Rate
or

Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.