LogicBlox

www.logicblox.com

The company has a great vision but struggles to translate it into a realistic roadmap.

ProsThe company is building its own platform from bottom (database) to top (interesting applications). The potential is obvious, and there are lots of interesting problems to solve.

ConsStrategy has not translated very well into a clear plan. Most employees operate in the dark. Application projects often fail due to changing scope or immature technology.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company needs to pay more attention to setting context with employees, setting projects up to succeed. Pay more attention to culture, also -- management needs to respect employees more rather than trying to prove they are smarter than the employees.

Smart people; cutting edge technology; ambitious

I have been working at LogicBlox full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: If you want to work at a place that's building really innovative technology, where you're very unlikely to be bored, where the process is light… Cons: It's a place that people who are comfortable with ambiguity will thrive. If you like to know exactly what the roadmap is for the next… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Fun if you are doing platform development, but application development is horrible

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

I worked at LogicBlox full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: If you work on platform or application development, you'll get… Cons: The business is run by inexperienced academics and pie-in-the-sky dreamers. Application developers get no respect and are expected to create robust software based on a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on LogicBlox.

Worked for LogicBlox? Contribute to the Community!