Logica

www.logica.com

Challenging Work, Impressive Colleagues, Useless Bosses

Consultant Business Analyst (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsThe technical 'doers' of the company - those out with clients on billable work - are bright, dedicated and know their stuff.

As a roving IT practitioner you get to see a bunch of different organisations from the inside, which is usually interesting and always educational.

ConsLogica's sales function is erratic at best and commercially they are prone to getting into all kinds of trouble - especially when it comes to the multiyear/multimeg ''whale' contracts that so bedazzle our sales leads (Aon Applicaton Servicing and Shell H3 - I'm looking at you).

Strategic vision has been hopeless for the past decade at least - with a half-hearted attempt to bolt an offshore-centric, service delivery model onto the 'bespoke SI practitioners' business Logica used to do so well. There was also a protracted period during the latter part of Dr Read's tenure when the tail of quarterly numbers wagged the dog of the company and gave rise to some bizarrely short-term decisions.

Compensation/career development is poor to very poor. You have to leave and rejoin if you want to get anything close to market rate and the annual appraisals are singularly useless, with staff managers expected to complete their pastoral duties off the side of their desk.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe new owners (CGI) seem to have recognised that senior management and the strategy layer of the company were profoundly sub-par. They need to ensure that they cut the disfunctional parts out of their acquisition in order to prevent it cross-infecting their own business.

Not your average IT company

I have been working at Logica full-time

Pros: Full of really smart, clever people with an entrepreneurial streak.… Cons: Sometimes too chaotic for its own good; something of a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Large company culture, although a decent creative environment

Solutions Architect (Former Employee) Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I worked at Logica full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Mostly very qualified coworkers. a broad range of customers, makes… Cons: Very little communication between different branches of the company. A stale… Advice to Senior Management: reduce the too large layer of middle management. Find incentives… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Logica.

Worked for Logica? Contribute to the Community!