Logicalis (USA)

www.us.logicalis.com
There are newer employer reviews for Logicalis (USA)

Educational but brief

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Bellevue, WA
Former Employee - Inside Sales in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Logicalis (USA) full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule good office environment good people wide suite of products and for the most part everyone had a relatively positive attitude

Cons

Takes a long time to build a sales funnel, must be able to support yourself on little salary while your building your business and you must have connections within the industry to leverage otherwise it's a slow process

Talk to your employees

67 Other Employee Reviews for Logicalis (USA) (View Most Recent)

Logicalis used to care about its employees, but has gotten too "corporate"

Former Employee - Finance in Bloomfield Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Finance in Bloomfield Hills, MI

I worked at Logicalis (USA) full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Salaries are slightly higher than the industry average, however pay raises are small and infrequent.

Cons

Too much in-fighting between departments
    General mistrust of management
    Poor communication from the top down
    Zero career path
    Policies are unclear and arbitrarily enforced
    HR is not there for the employee and the worker bees have no voice or rights

It seems that managers have little or no training for their positions. Very few of them act like true leaders. I believe they have all taken the same course entitled "Passive Aggressive Management Techniques 101". I had very little interaction with my direct supervisor, unless there was a problem, in which case the interaction borderlined on harassment.

Growing pains

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Logicalis (USA) full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work locations
    Strong focus on the sales organization

Cons

Little/No career progression
    Focus on organizations other than sales is mediocre
    Internal incentive programs are demotivating
    Recognition, outside the sales arena, is poor
    Training opportunities are lackluster; internal training portal is so confusing that navigating it should count as college credit
    Leadership in silos; focuses on tactical or personal agendas instead of strategic development
    Middle/Lower management lacks focus in aligning strategy to tactics, spends more time in reactive mode instead of proactive mode
    Lack of management cohesiveness across the layers makes it as if you are working for multiple companies
    Communication is not utilized effectively
    Delivery teams highly overworked
    Resource limitations abound
    Teamwork is nonexistent
    Visibility and understanding of organizational matrix is poor leading to duplication of effort and inefficiency
    Work/Life balance is poor
    Back office processes are confusing, inconsistent, and difficult to utilize
    High turnover makes customer interactions more stressful
    Corporate culture does not create a positive atmosphere, focuses on placing blame first and de-emphasizes root cause analysis
    Organizational maturity is low

Policies and procedures are inconsistent, utilized arbitrarily and when questioned become supplemented with additional process. The sheer pain from knowing that your attempt to improve things will end up with additional procedural overhead prevents all by the most sadistic from striving for improvement. Will a system designed by sadists will promote corporate excellence?

Current toolsets are out-of-date, out-of-touch, and instead of doing at least one thing well, does many things poorly. Great emphasis is directed at presentations, demonstrations, etc. But, zero thought is given to the tools, infrastructure, and delivery. Would you buy your technology solution from a company when the sales rep is doing a BYOD demo on a Hello Kitty phone?

Organizational methodology is weakly coupled and when combined with the communications issues, silos, and general culture creates an atmosphere where accomplishing anything easy is difficult and anything difficult impossible. This is unfortunate because I remember a time when our delivery teams did the impossible with a panache that defined the brand.

Logicalis is at a point where they have to choose what kind of a company they want to be. I point these things out in the hopes that they make these choices intentionally and with awareness instead of the company evolution taking place as a result of happenstance.

Logicalis has the opportunity to be any company it wants. The primary question is will it be a superstar or another RIM, AOL, or Yahoo?

Will management rally the troops (Philip Crosby is excellent reading) under a single banner?
    Will accountability, acumen, and excellence become our trademark?
    Will we build a bridge to the future?

Stay tuned…

There are newer employer reviews for Logicalis (USA)