Fun Place to work

Former Employee - Engineer in Fremont, CA
Former Employee - Engineer in Fremont, CA

Pros

Great products and feels like a family. Many people even hang out together outside of work. Had a support management of my schedule and gave me some freedom in my responsibilities. When communicating with upper management, the response was positive and really heard.

Cons

Not very good communication from upper management. As with large corporation, its difficult to change things. Once a process is in, no one wants to "ruffle the feathers". Benefits are average if not on the low side.

Advice to Management

Have all managers meet with their employees somewhat regularly. Hard to know exactly what is going on a lot of times. Slow down some of the product launches. Barely have time to learn from the past mistakes to change future product launches.

Other Employee Reviews for Logitech

1. Work Hard and try to free up enough time to Play Hard

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Fremont, CA

Pros

Discounts on the items produced is nice, profit sharing is also a nice thing. I like working here because our group has relative freedom to implement things the way that make the most sense. It is nice being able to get things done and get good feedback about a job well done.

Cons

Very windows oriented in an environment that is shifting more and more to other platforms, we could easily fill better niches with our offerings, but we don't. Also there seems to be a lot of movement inside of our BU, people leaving and being replaced. Politics are also a pretty huge problem. Meetings, meetings, meetings. But that is corp life it seems!

Advice to Management

Although each BU being an island may be useful, we are suffering from not sharing with each other. Also taking 3+ weeks to get items through the mail room is horrible.

Logitech - A good place and getting better.

Current Employee - Marketing in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Fremont, CA

Pros

Logitech is a great company. It's growing quickly which can cause some pain points, but overall the company is working to address those issues. There are great benefits and a flexible schedule (depending on your department and manager). There are many opportunities within the company including travel and living abroad. Profit sharing, stock purchase programs, and nice vacation schedules round out the offering of goodies.

Cons

There is an overall lack of communication between the higher level execs and the day-to-day workers. There are also some "managers" that shouldn't be managing people at all. I don't think there's a clear path to the career step and that hurts the company sometimes.

Advice to Management

SPEAK!