There are newer employer reviews for Logitech

Great company but not anymore...

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Fremont, CA
Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Fremont, CA

I worked at Logitech

Pros

Company had a great can do spirit. Made fun products that were sexy and funtional. Hardware Engineering especially industrial design is a core competency. Have a loyal following of users. Global company with a european flair. Good coffee!

Cons

New management does not espouse the same spirit de core. People are less motivated then they were with previous CEO. New management does not incite the same passions. Headed downhil in many ways, sorry to say....

Advice to Management

Get the hell of of there and let someone who knows what they are doing and is passionate about it take over.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Fun Place to work

Former Employee - Engineer in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Fremont, CA

I worked at Logitech

Pros

Great products and feels like a family. Many people even hang out together outside of work. Had a support management of my schedule and gave me some freedom in my responsibilities. When communicating with upper management, the response was positive and really heard.

Cons

Not very good communication from upper management. As with large corporation, its difficult to change things. Once a process is in, no one wants to "ruffle the feathers". Benefits are average if not on the low side.

Advice to Management

Have all managers meet with their employees somewhat regularly. Hard to know exactly what is going on a lot of times. Slow down some of the product launches. Barely have time to learn from the past mistakes to change future product launches.

2. Work Hard and try to free up enough time to Play Hard

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Logitech

Pros

Discounts on the items produced is nice, profit sharing is also a nice thing. I like working here because our group has relative freedom to implement things the way that make the most sense. It is nice being able to get things done and get good feedback about a job well done.

Cons

Very windows oriented in an environment that is shifting more and more to other platforms, we could easily fill better niches with our offerings, but we don't. Also there seems to be a lot of movement inside of our BU, people leaving and being replaced. Politics are also a pretty huge problem. Meetings, meetings, meetings. But that is corp life it seems!

Advice to Management

Although each BU being an island may be useful, we are suffering from not sharing with each other. Also taking 3+ weeks to get items through the mail room is horrible.