I never want to work anywhere else

I have been working at Logos Bible Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The best thing about Logos is the people. The caliber of talent is amazing. Publications, Marketing, Sales, Customer Service, Text Development and Development all have dedicated, intelligent, fun people working for them who strive to keep Logos an awesome place to work. Our CEO is always asking how we can make Logos a better place to work and employee suggestions are taken to heart.

Individual growth is a priority at Logos. As a developer, if we need a technical book for work, or just for personal interest, we can simply ask and it's usually in the office the next day. Logos also offers a Read for Cash program almost every year where the company will pay you to read business books.

Developers are treated very well at Logos. They are seen as an asset and not a liability. Logos makes every effort to ensure we have the best tools to do our jobs and we're working with the latest technology.

Free coffee and beverages is a nice perk, as well as the foosball and ping pong tables in the common area. The employee insurance coverage is top-notch.

Cons

Enrolling spouses or dependents under the company provided insurance is cost prohibitive for most people because of the high level of benefits under the plan. Most employees generally opt for insurance on the open market for spouses or dependents. 401k matching is not as good as some companies.

Neither of these are obligations for Logos to provide, of course, but they are factors to consider when looking at a employer.

Other Reviews for Logos Bible Software

An awesome developer job

Current Employee - Software Developer  in  Bellingham, WA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at Logos Bible Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

High responsibility
    Low management overhead
    Industry leading technologies (NoSQL, C# 4.5, RabbitMQ, etc.)
    Awesome coworkers
    Work from home
    Unlimited vacation policy
    Small company ~300 employees

Cons

Location isn't fantastic, but is OK
    Depending on your team, you might be working weekends if your project has issues
    Because some of the technologies we use are very new to the industry, sometimes we deploy hacky solutions that don't always work / we deprecate it shortly after

Challenging job with more opportunity than I could have possibly expected.

I have been working at Logos Bible Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Logos Bible Software is a great place to learn and grow as a software developer. I'm faced with numerous challenges here which has helped me grow more in the last year than I have in my ten years of experience in this field. Many of the developers here are top in their field and are more than willing to share their knowledge to help you grow. Several of our developers contribute meaningful patches back to prominent open source projects, such as Mono.

The benefits of working at THE Bible Software Company are fantastic as well!

Requires prior knowledge of "The Princess Bride" to understand office humor.

Cons

In the year I've been here, I've been on two teams. The only problem I have with that is I didn't have enough time on the first team to learn what I needed to learn about the application architecture.

Requires prior knowledge of "The Princess Bride" to understand office humor.

There are newer employer reviews for Logos Bible Software.

Worked for Logos Bible Software? Contribute to the Community!