There are newer employer reviews for Logos Bible Software

I never want to work anywhere else

Current Employee - Software Developer
Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at Logos Bible Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best thing about Logos is the people. The caliber of talent is amazing. Publications, Marketing, Sales, Customer Service, Text Development and Development all have dedicated, intelligent, fun people working for them who strive to keep Logos an awesome place to work. Our CEO is always asking how we can make Logos a better place to work and employee suggestions are taken to heart. Individual growth is a priority at Logos. As a developer, if we need a technical book for work, or just for personal interest, we can simply ask and it's usually in the office the next day. Logos also offers a Read for Cash program almost every year where the company will pay you to read business books. Developers are treated very well at Logos. They are seen as an asset and not a liability. Logos makes every effort to ensure we have the best tools to do our jobs and we're working with the latest technology. Free coffee and beverages is a nice perk, as well as the foosball and ping pong tables in the common area. The employee insurance coverage is top-notch.

Cons

Enrolling spouses or dependents under the company provided insurance is cost prohibitive for most people because of the high level of benefits under the plan. Most employees generally opt for insurance on the open market for spouses or dependents. 401k matching is not as good as some companies. Neither of these are obligations for Logos to provide, of course, but they are factors to consider when looking at a employer.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

An awesome developer job

Current Employee - Software Developer in Bellingham, WA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at Logos Bible Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

High responsibility Low management overhead Industry leading technologies (NoSQL, C# 4.5, RabbitMQ, etc.) Awesome coworkers Work from home Unlimited vacation policy Small company ~300 employees

Cons

Location isn't fantastic, but is OK Depending on your team, you might be working weekends if your project has issues Because some of the technologies we use are very new to the industry, sometimes we deploy hacky solutions that don't always work / we deprecate it shortly after

Best workplace culture I've experienced anywhere

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at Logos Bible Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Employees are trusted. We have an "unlimited" vacation policy. Very collegial environment. Just the right amount of geekiness. Good life-work balance. I have not experience any bad office politics here. The customers love us. We work with a lot of the latest technologies. For those who love the Bible, the work has a deeper value. Bellingham is a great place to live.

Cons

No stock options (however, that comes with an upside in stability). I took a pay cut to work here (but I don't regret it).