Logos Bible Software

www.logos.com

Challenging job with more opportunity than I could have possibly expected.

Current Employee - Software Developer
Current Employee - Software Developer

Pros

Logos Bible Software is a great place to learn and grow as a software developer. I'm faced with numerous challenges here which has helped me grow more in the last year than I have in my ten years of experience in this field. Many of the developers here are top in their field and are more than willing to share their knowledge to help you grow. Several of our developers contribute meaningful patches back to prominent open source projects, such as Mono.

The benefits of working at THE Bible Software Company are fantastic as well!

Requires prior knowledge of "The Princess Bride" to understand office humor.

Cons

In the year I've been here, I've been on two teams. The only problem I have with that is I didn't have enough time on the first team to learn what I needed to learn about the application architecture.

Requires prior knowledge of "The Princess Bride" to understand office humor.

Other reviews for Logos Bible Software

Best workplace culture I've experienced anywhere

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bellingham, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

Pros

Employees are trusted. We have an "unlimited" vacation policy. Very collegial environment. Just the right amount of geekiness. Good life-work balance. I have not experience any bad office politics here. The customers love us. We work with a lot of the latest technologies. For those who love the Bible, the work has a deeper value. Bellingham is a great place to live.

Cons

No stock options (however, that comes with an upside in stability).
    I took a pay cut to work here (but I don't regret it).

Efficient, growth-oriented company with high standards

Current Employee - Software Developer  in  Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Tempe, AZ

Pros

The company leadership values excellence in the product and in employees' work. The culture is that of personal and corporate growth. Employees are free to make mistakes, but held accountable for repeated poor performance. The leaders are pragmatic and make big decisions from reason, not emotion.

Cons

While salary is competitive, there are no stock options and cash bonuses are rare. The health insurance coverage is good, but it is not subsidized for families and therefore not very affordable. The focus on high performance can be stressful at times.

There are newer employer reviews for Logos Bible Software.

Worked for Logos Bible Software? Contribute to the Community!