Loma Linda University Medical Center

There are newer employer reviews for Loma Linda University Medical Center

Nursing

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Loma Linda, CA
Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Loma Linda, CA

I have been working at Loma Linda University Medical Center full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good team work. LLUMC is a hospital with an environment in which the health care providers take pride in the care they provide to patients and generally work together as a team.

Cons

There is going trhough multiple changes which for the time being incrases workload and related stresses at this time, however these stresses always dissipate over time.

57 Other Employee Reviews for Loma Linda University Medical Center (View Most Recent)

A+ for their medical achievements, F for their business practices, office politics and cliques

Former Employee - Unit Secretary  in  Loma Linda, CA
    Former Employee - Unit Secretary in Loma Linda, CA

I worked at Loma Linda University Medical Center part-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a rewarding experience to be able to help others in need. Sometimes patients just needed that extra bit of attention to feel at ease, and I was always glad to do so. The job itself was easy after I got the hang of it as long as I kept my mouth shut and stayed close enough to be liked and at the same time kept my distance from the troublemakers to avoid the drama.

Cons

You won't climb the ladder unless you are in the in - period. Office politics and drama run rampant at Loma Linda, religious beliefs sometimes get taken a little too far, and the cliques are just awful. There was a lot of back stabbing, I actually witnessed trusted staff setting other employees up to purposely get them in trouble or make them look bad. I was told to do things one way by management that other department managers had specifically asked us not to do - putting me in the middle of conflicts that I wanted no part of. I stuck it out as long as I could while looking for another job and just finally left.

There's a few good people in management at LLUMC. They are well aware of the problems, but it's honestly out of their control - so for the few of you that are good at this game, just continue what you're doing and every once in a while - continue to win a few of those battles. Good luck! To the rest of you oppressive sociopaths...karma.

Enlightening

Former Employee - Contract Coordinator  in  San Bernardino, CA
    Former Employee - Contract Coordinator in San Bernardino, CA

I worked at Loma Linda University Medical Center

Pros

Loma Linda is a Christian, educations and wholesome environment to work in. Employee benefits are great and there is always opportunity for growth.

Cons

Employees have very litle voice when it comes to legitimate complaints about management even when complaints are verified by HR.

Treat all employees with respect and dignity. Consider how you would want to be treated in every situation. Don't humiliate them in front of others.

There are newer employer reviews for Loma Linda University Medical Center

Worked for Loma Linda University Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!