There are newer employer reviews for London Business School

Great teaching experience

Former Employee - Executive Education  in  London, England (UK)
Former Employee - Executive Education in London, England (UK)

I worked at London Business School as a contractor for more than 5 years

Pros

Challenging students, collegiate atmosphere, dynamic environment, and courses that are adapted as circumstances change to incorporate the greatest and latest. I really enjoyed working there.

Cons

My experience is only related to teaching executive education courses at LBS. Teaching to that audience is perhaps not for everyone's taste, although I particularly enjoyed it. This audience is looking for practical knowledge that applies directly to their work experience. Therefore, they quickly lose attention if they see that the content of the course does not directly translated into something applicable.

13 Other Employee Reviews for London Business School (View Most Recent)

Uninspiring

Current Employee - Careers  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Careers in London, England (UK)

I have been working at London Business School full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Some great students on the full time MBA programme. Subsidised cafes and bedroom accommodation on site - the latter especially useful when you work late if you have a long commute

Cons

Low remuneration, patchy senior management team, debatable leadership and strategy, lack of personal development opportunities. Managers devolve everything really important and spend much of their time agonising over trivia. Role of admissions in the School's success is not fully understood. Support services in finance, HR and IT are all very second rate, as is much of the office accommodation. Remuneration figures quoted in adverts are before deductions for compulsory pension contributions - tax return time is always a stunning surprise when I see how little I've actually received through the year. Watch out for other misleading recruiting messages too - for instance around personal development and career potential - both non-existent, in Careers Department at least.

Fix your planning and budgeting and people management processes. Manage more, devolve less, harness the talents of those working for you and prioritise - on very limited resources you try to do too much.

Great employer

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at London Business School full-time for more than a year

Pros

Cares about staff, motivates staff, great atmosphere and collaboration within the teams and the School overall. beautiful surroundings and campus. good working hours. nice colleagues

Cons

the pay is average but given the good working conditions it is acceptable. Other than that they are no further cons.

There are newer employer reviews for London Business School

Worked for London Business School? Contribute to the Community!