Great place to work if you don't have bills / obligations, or if it is a second job.

Current Employee - Photo Electronics Specialist  in  Duncan, BC (Canada)
Current Employee - Photo Electronics Specialist in Duncan, BC (Canada)

I have been working at London Drugs

Pros

Flexible time off
Not stressful
Relaxed environment
Easy to bring issues up to management
Room for advancement if desired and made known
Not huge barriers between departments

Cons

Erratic / inconsistent schedule
Hours cut get cut back many times during the year
Not many substantial raises issued.

The main drawback is hours due to lack of sales. Not much you guys can do here! That's up to head office on how many hours they allocate per sales.. and if they started giving people more hours when sales were low, the company would be no more.

Other Reviews for London Drugs

It was very hectic and busy; plus training was not enough.

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician  in  Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at London Drugs

Pros

Great coworkers. Nice customers. Nice supervisor.

Cons

The pay was lousy. The discount was bad. I got mad that instead of hiring one full-time tech, they hired two part-time techs, and then didn't even allow us to get a second part-time job. How could I support myself on one part-time job? Plus, the pharmacy was dirty and they never cleaned it but they didn't give us time to clean it either. Also, they didn't provide training for me to use the computer system, therefore, my first 8 weeks were trial-and-error which I think cost the company hundreds of dollars lost - not kidding!
    The craziest thing was that I was one technician working alone with 3 pharmacists in the store at the same time. Why hire more expensive pharmacists but not a cheap tech?

Please increase pay, also please provide more support to the pharmacists. Do not have one tech only at a time. Please hire full-time techs.

Was fun, but many stupid decisions flowing down

Current Employee - Department Assistant Manager  in  Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Department Assistant Manager in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at London Drugs

Pros

Flexible hours, competitive pay, easy tasks, nice co-workers to work with, many locations for transfers, good benefits if you are in status position

Cons

Can transfer you 1 hour commute from your current address (i now drive 58 minutes to current store, driving past 2 locations on my route, not very eco-friendly). Senior Management too focused on reports, graphs, grids and losing focus on why they are there like customer service, and employee relations. You cannot run a successful business locked in your office.
    Payroll is increasingly an issue, company is cutting back on many of its operational requirements, including store level. I see more customers walking away because they have a hard time getting help, or the help that is there has 3 people waiting for them, when all they want is something that's simply locked behind glass.

Bring your focus back to what London Drugs was once known for. That mission statement of ours is fading quite fast, and will soon be "Do anything and Everything to be like Wal-Mart and Best Buy and conquer Canada"

Fire useless people more often, and get an HR team who has more balls, you are letting useless people with poor performance use all the payroll hours to the good people who work hard and want to be there, while HR polices and procedures make it virtually impossible to terminate staff.

Fire the store management who have been KNOWN for eons and have bad reputations for being horrible managers, maybe then staff will work harder to make you meet your benchmarks because treating your employees like numbers will get you in the red, a common trend of the downward spiral that was "London Drugs"

There are newer employer reviews for London Drugs.

Worked for London Drugs? Contribute to the Community!