Lone Star College

www.lonestar.edu

I Love It Here!

Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsAutonomy in the class room. No one micro manages. Flexible class schedules. Beautiful campus which feels like a small liberal arts college not a traditional community college.

ConsInitial orientation was very limited. Basically they gave you a user ID and password, then told you to upload your syllabus. There were people to help, but the process was a little frustrating. After the orientation, you are pretty much left to yourself. Just teach your class and respond promptly to department requests.

Advice to Senior ManagementMonitoring attendance is required by the state. It would be nice to have attendance automated. Allowing a student to swipe his/her student ID to prove attendance. The drop/add process should be automated.

A very stressful and non- supportive environment.

Financial Aid Advisor (Former Employee) Houston, TX

I worked at Lone Star College

Pros: Allows the employee to attend classes and has flexible schedule. Cons: Very low salary and advancement opportunities. Must be a "yes" man in order to move up. If you speak up about unethical issues then you… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to the advice of the employees and act ethically! More

I learned a lot and enjoyed being around my co-workers.

Student Success Advisor (Former Employee) Houston, TX

I worked at Lone Star College

Pros: You have the opportunity to help a vass diverse population achieve higher… Cons: It is hard to move up Communication between upper management and… Advice to Senior Management: Value the voice of all of the employees from janitors… More
There are newer reviews on Lone Star College.

Worked for Lone Star College? Contribute to the Community!