Long John Silver's

www.ljsilvers.com
There are newer employer reviews for Long John Silver's

Hey it's a job while you look for something else, but don't expect any benefits.

Former Employee - Team Member in Sacramento, CA
Former Employee - Team Member in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Long John Silver's

Pros

Management is very flexible with hours if you're working a second job or going to school. If you need time off last minute, they're fine with it as long as you get a replacement to cover your shift.
50% off meals.
Some coworkers are friendly.
On most days, you don't have to work any later than 10:30 at night.
Really hard to get fired.

Cons

There are no raises. The only way to earn more is to accept a promotion.
Favoritism among shift leaders.
Management doesn't always value all the team members.
No healthcare benefits, whether you're full or part time.

Treat your coworkers with more respect. Offer raises for good work/time spent there and give promotions to the RIGHT PEOPLE. Those that prove themselves, not the first person to "take it". Have more people on a given shift.

47 Other Employee Reviews for Long John Silver's (View Most Recent)

This is good place to eat but not to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Thornton, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Thornton, CO

I worked at Long John Silver's

Pros

I really liked their food. The place I worked also have A&W, so plenty of food to choose from. loved it

Cons

I didn't see any bad things while I was working except for some stupid and lazy employees.
    Their uniform looked really silly if I must to say.

I don't really have anything to say. Managers showed leadership and were always helpful. I just hate the fact one manager was ususless though.

Terrible manager, unrelisticly high workload for minimum wage.

Former Employee - Cashier in Marine Parade (Singapore)
    Former Employee - Cashier in Marine Parade (Singapore)

I worked at Long John Silver's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

It was the easiest job to get on short notice as the job satisfaction was so high that there was high staff turnover.

Cons

Pay is only $3.50/hour. 1 manager, 1 kitchen staff, 1 cashier to handle lunch crowd. Manager was stingy, extremely profit driven and exploits loyal staff. The kitchen staff was an elderly lady who has worked there for approximately 10 years, yet her pay was only $3.75/hour. On my first day I was expected to man the cashier single-handledly during the lunch rush hour. The experience was traumatising. Manager always expected me to work overtime and yet logs me off early to avoid paying for overtime. Manager also forced me to agree to a "verbal contract" that he deducts $10 into his own pocket for any non-excellent reports from "company consumer spot-checks", which translated to a 9 hour penalty....imagine working 9 hours for free!

Pay attention to outlets which has high staff turnover rate. It probably indicates a store manager of poor character. I imagine my manager managed to only rise to that position because he knows how to put on an act in front of the higher authorities...polite, smiling, putting on an act, pretending to be busy, only working when the zone manager drops by to check.

There are newer employer reviews for Long John Silver's